Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, April 8, 2009

The Time He Needs

Wednesday Jessie started
his new job!
But early departed.

Home for the nite
a very unusual
and pleasan delight.

Wednesday nights some guys from our church
gather and, on seats, do perch.

They play guitar and Jam
each thinking of a star
then saying, "I am!"

I thought it might be nice
for Jess to go
and add, to his life, some spice.

Perhaps, also, a little break
'Cause it'd be a while before
another he could take.

After my pleasure at seeing him off
a place in my head did stir and scoff.

"How is it that he
never seems to think of me!?"

My brain circles and I did wonder
but then my heart joined
and I felt my blunder.

He should think of me.
That's truth.
Plan as can be.

But if I am like a vulture
in my heart
no excuse is enough; not even our culture!

No malice can linger
if I'm a Christian, as I think I am.
I have no place to point a finger.

And say, "What about you?"
I have to focus on me
and to my own battle be true.

Oh, how I wish such knowledge
was as easy to feel as know.
It's not, though, no matter how my heart does pledge.

So, as the caretaker I feel I must be
I also have to be sure to take care of me.

Once again, so easy to say.
Yet hard, so hard, to put into play!

Although I am dating this for Wednesday, I didn't actually get it written OR posted until today (Thursday the 9th). Yesterday was SUCH a strange night with Jess in and out and then I cut his hair... very busy. And then I was actually SUPER tired after his hair was cut and I had to get to bed since Tea seemed to be sleeping quite deeply. She slept on!!!! I actually went to bed AND slept at around 11:30pm or a little later. THAT is basically unheard of for me in the last 9+months now. Oh, how I want to be back to a bit more NORMAL a schedule. We'll see.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter