Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, July 30, 2016

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be the primary breadwinner for my family.  My desire is first, to do the Lord's Will.  Thus this new direction and new focus.

It would be disingenuous of me to leave it at that.  You see, I've been struggling greatly.  I'm like the child, perhaps you have one or have seen it... they obviously want to do what their parent says more than anything, but perhaps the attitude during the doing is negative... or even downright rotten?  Well, I've been mired in the negative all too frequently as I've realized this new direction.

My recent past makes even more sense now than ever.  When EmJ was a baby, I was working to sell Lilla Rose.  Do you remember that?  I didn't exactly want to do it then.  Certainly didn't want to do it full-time indefinitely.  But doing it during the time I did enabled me to learn MANY things that have been extremely useful as I've begun to develop my "author's platform".

Have you ever heard of such a thing?  Even if I chose to go with a Publishing House when my manuscript is ready, they want their authors to have a strong platform because they expect them to work on marketing their creation.  No more are authors able to write and focus exclusively on writing... for the most part.

And if an author goes Indie... even more important to have a strong platform.

I hope you'll follow me at my new Author's Blog.  It'll help me and you'll still be able to read my thoughts and stories when this blog is closed.  It's coming to the end, my friend.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter