Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, March 4, 2009

More About Oil and Some Gold

After I finished the previous post about my thoughts I was pondering. During that time, I imagined myself as the olive to be used to light my lamp. So, how could I be pressed for oil, yet still retain my olive-ness? Well, I figured out a sort of explanation for myself that felt really cool and I wanted to share it.

I'm sure you know that life can be difficult. And not just difficult in the physical world, but also in the world of the mind. In my experience, the battleground of my mind is MUCH more littered with ravages than that which is around me. But I digress... but it's sort of pertinent.

So, olives are pressed to get oil to light lamps. I want to a an olive that's not all crumbly and useless after the pressing. When I wrote yesterday I thought that might not be possible, but that the olive bits might be used in other ways. But then I realized that it IS totally possible BECAUSE of the internal AND external trials! They apply pressure relatively equally and so the oil comes right out, leaving an olive behind, mostly intact and still olive looking, just different.

Did you know that when gold is COMPLETELY pure, it's actually clear? I read this somewhere, but can't recall where. But when I read it, I was amazed because it tied into something I think Joseph Smith saw in a vision: that the world in it's celestial state would look like a crystal sphere. Makes sense to me given the gold thing! The process of turning Earth to a crystal sphere would happen as a result of heat (when the Earth is rolled together as a scroll, me thinks). It seemed to me that this whole thing related to the whole olive bit, but heat versus pressure... Well pressure can result in heat... I'm REALLY tired, so I can't seem to bring the edges of the two thoughts together in my mind, but I KNOW they met up perfectly when I was thinking about it earlier when I was NOT this tired. *sigh*

Multiples of mixed metaphors. Ain't it lovely!? :)

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter