Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, August 28, 2008

Top Guide... AGAIN!

I didn't post recently because Jess was home AND I'm obsessed with ChaChaING to make some money. Usually I post at night... well, I'm working at night now. (ALL night most of the time!) So, basically I've been putting emphasis on earning money where I can and WHEN I can. Ya know? Now that I'm STILL a TG (top guide) until next Wednesday night, at least, I'll contin

This Morning's Big Activity
Jess took the girls to the library this morning! YEAY!!! It's been THREE weeks since they were able to go because of illnesses (2 weeks in a row) and then forgetfulness on Mama AND Daddy's parts. The girls had such a good time. :) They painted dragons with watercolors. I hung them up almost immediately because they are REALLY beautiful! And, of course, they had the opportunity to play at the playground, which they ALWAYS love.

WALKS
No work for Jess on Tuesday and Wednesday. We went on a walk each night as a family. Tuesday night our walk was a WHOLE 34 minutes and Wednesday night it was 45. It felt like I was making some progress back to my old times, but then tonight a big storm was rolling in RIGHT when I was leaving to walk, so I only stayed out for 22 minutes. :( What a bummer. However, on the bright side of THAT, I walked faster (since I knew I couldn't walk as long) and still had the sweat drippin' something fierce by the time I got home. And nothing hurt except for the tight BH belly! (But that's pretty much standard for any activity at this point!) I'm REALLY trying!!! Hopefully the weather will be conducive... but there's no telling since 2 more storms (tropical or hurricane!?!?!) are headed this way. UGH! ahwell

Florida BUGS
I experienced one of THE worst aspects of living so near water and in an area that retains standing water... MOSQUITOES! :( I was only out for 2 minutes when I was LITERALLY swarmed! No, SERIOUSLY! Thankfully, after I killed a few and batted others away, those than managed to tag along or catch up (or SOMETHING) seemed to stay mostly around the trailer (stroller thing the girls ride in). This doesn't bother me at all because it's AWESOME. It is entirely enclosed when I pull the bug guard down (which I did right away upon realizing there were so many bugs afoot). I didn't put the rain guard down, though, because it would have been just WAY too hot in there for them AND I didn't think any of the Geeters were small enough to squeeze through the bug guard.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter