Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, August 16, 2008

Another New Blog in the Family!

Jess started his own blog! (Click on the word "blog" to check his shtuff out!) He's wanted to do one for a while, but made the time to get the work of it done this morning. It takes a while to get these things going, ya know! :)

He's very happy with it, I think. On one hand I could feel, "Oh, so I wasn't doing a good enough job with our family blog?" But, no. It's not about that at all. He wanted to have a FOOD BLOG. You know, Chef... Food... and all that he thinks about concerning those two and their combination. Well, I mention food here and there on this, our family blog, but food is not MY constant obsession - as yall know quite well by the content herein. Anyway. He's just started it, so you can get in on the bottom floor and follow the mind of this amazingly talented and brilliant man and Chef! (So proud to call him my hubby!)

Disappointments
I wasn't accepted by two of the opportunities I've applied for in my job/work hunting. Pretty disappointing since at least one of the two would have been a good steady income and not as much work as I'm putting in to ChaCha! But life is full of disappointments. I should, I suppose, have to experience my fair share in the search for writing (and other) work.

I would like to mention that I've thought about writing for money for quite a while now. I've sold some of my work before and it felt REALLY good. But I also spend a LOT of time looking for the work. In addition to the time spent writing, there's the research time, and formatting, and blah, blah, blah.... But two things happened close together in the last week that spurred me to get back to work on trying to find writing work. One was an email from my best friend since I was 12. She urged me to sell my writing. The other thing was the fact that I didn't make Top Guide with ChaCha and my pay went down $.05. That may seem pretty piddly, but it makes a HUGE difference in how quickly the money accumulates. ahwell At least I can slowly make SOME bit of loot. So, Thank you, Heidi (and ChaCha, I suppose). :)

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter