Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Some of What I've Been Thinking Lately (THE MANDLEBROT SET)

Namaste

I've had a lot on my mind lately.  I desire to share all of it, but will not.  I'm a slow learner when it comes to trust.  But I think I am finally beginning to understand some of the lessons I have been stuck in for these many years since I've been truly Converted to the Restored Gospel of Christ (The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints).  I'm sure there are others who must learn the lesson of trusting more... but mine has been to trust much more sparingly.

You see, "...the natural (wo)man is an enemy to God and has been since the fall of Adam..." (Mosiah 3:19).  (I added the "wo," of course, to the man in the part of the verse I quoted.)  My nature is to share everything REALLY openly and talk about whatever is being talked about REALLY freely.  Some would say this is good, but you just don't know me if you say that... especially the me I used to be, which was WAY more OPEN than I have been for the last couple years.  But even so, there is yet closing I need to do, which I find quite amazing, challenging and even difficult.

The train of thought on which I have done a great deal of pondering lately, which I desire to share now, is about thought.  I'm pretty sure I've shared this video before.  Make sure you skip to 2:20:38 and watch through 2:27:10.  Only about 7 minutes to watch so that you may have your mind blown.... if you haven't seen it or heard of The Mandlebrot Set, that is.


This brings me to, more specifically, the central focus of my own personal lesson on thoughts that has been emphasized by the Holy Spirit really recently.  The following picture is a representation of Father God's lesson to me.  This lesson is taught innumerable times throughout the Bible, The Book of Mormon, General Conference talks, and etc.  This lesson is very important and I have not fully learned it because I have not successfully lived the lesson during the most difficult of times.  I sure am striving, though.  Fallin' flat on my face and getting up to try to make some forward progress.


2 Nephi 2:11 "For it must needs be, that there is an opposition in all things."

And here are a couple links to Conference Talks that mention and/or focus on this idea of feeding or starving certain trains of thought:

We Are Doing a Great Work and Cannot Come Down by President Deiter F. Uchtdorf

Preparation Brings Blessings by President Thomas S. Monson

Of myself, I would like to be so much more specific and tell you a few stories to illustrate the lesson in my life!  I feel specifically Led, however, that this lil' post is complete.  How difficult for me to end here.  Well, I hope you are lifted and feel encouraged and able to focus on feeding thoughts of Light, Good, and (most importantly) what God would for you!

Oh, and here's a blog post that struck a tremendous chord in me... her thoughts on thoughts are just what I needed the day I read 'em!  ^_^
Sat Nam.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter