Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Monday, April 28, 2008

Savonara ROCKS

I mentioned a bit about Savonara, specifically Moonlit Snow Soap, a couple of weeks ago, but today is my official opinion of and feedback about the products I was able to get by trade with Sher of Savonara.

I ran across Savonara via one of the teams of which I'm a part. Her shop address is http://savonara.etsy.com/ and upon seeing her products and READing her descriptions I was hankerin' to try what she described. I learned in her profile that she might be willing to trade product for product with another Etsian. Well, that's what I am, so I decided I couldn't lose if I tried! Sher responded quickly. While she didn't seem TOTALLY keen on the things I had showing in my shop, she still agreed to make a trade. How cool is that, right?

So, we communicated a few times to determine what sort of figure she might be interested in and decided on an Angel Sheltering a Nursing Mother. That's what SHE got. I received, as payment:
Moonlit Snow http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10417449
Backberry Sage http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10386688
and Lavender Deodorant http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10983576 shows the product most similar to mine.

Well, I'm going to start with the deodorant first. I would venture to say that any of her deodorants will be as wonderful, but I particularly enjoy the Lavender of the one I have. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10983576 It does NOT prevent sweating, which is key for me because I have sensitive underarms... like they get cysts if I use antipersperant or regular deodorant. I've found little relief for the scent of Tori using the crystal, so I pretty much was just going aunatural. Not nice when I'm really hot. But that's the way it is... was. :) Now I have a lovely waft of lavender instead of just TORI!!! The deodorant is easy to apply. It's a very light scent, which is VERY important to me because my nose is SO very sensitive while I'm preggie!! The deodorant is made with unrefined shea butter. This is a really awesome natural lotion that will leave your skin feeling conditioned. So, not only is my smell better, my underarms are getting softer! Basically, I LOVE my deodorant and highly recommend it and any of its "siblings"!

Next to Blackberry Sage soap. You can see this product at the following URL, but I would recommend visiting the shop to find it because her other soaps are SO beautiful to behold! http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10386688 This is a lovely soap. The scent is, to my nose, mostly blackberry, but NOT too sweet of a blackberry scent. The soap glides on and rinses off very easily. It left my skin feeling squeeky clean and smelling yummy. I'm currently using it as handsoap in my main bathroom because being able to use it in the shower just wasn't enough! Even though we are using it pretty often it's still basically the same size as when it arrived, but with the edges smoothed over. So, it's lasting quite a while!! And what a special soap, handmade at home by a woman who has a great deal invested in providing a quality product for sensitive skin. You can learn more about why she's concerned with those things by reading about her products in her blog at http://savonara.blogspot.com.

I've saved my favorite for last. Moonlit Snow is just AMAZING! This is the soap I wrote about before, so if you read that bit you might just go check it out in Savonara's shop and buy some now! :) This is SUCH a beautiful soap. It's mostly blue with a creamy color swirled through it. http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=10417449 Across the top there are little partial circles that Sher describes as a cloudy grey moon, which is a slightly different shade of blue and adds contrast and interest to the block of soap. The scent is divine! It is called "fresh linen" but it doesn't smell like laundry to me! It's got a tiny hint of sweet and the overall effect is one that my nose is drawn to over and over. This soap only stays in my bathroom which means it isn't used as often, but is savored all the more! I use it in my shower. This is strange because I usually don't use soap. I learned, through research that soap isn't terribly good for the skin because it increases the need for alternate hydration and a few other negative things. So, I would, in the shower, scrub my body with the water and rinse under my arms until they didn't smell like me anymore! Well, even though I still believe those things I stopped using soap over, I'm using Moonlit Snow in the shower! It IS divine... okay, well, as divine as Earthly things can be. :) I actually hope to have money enough for this to be a Christmas gift to some!!! Seriously, check it out!

Savonara ROCKS!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter