Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Monday, April 7, 2008

In Answer to a Question

A friend of mine left a question in my comments area. I was going to just answer her, but then I thought there might be others who wondered the same thing. So, the question was about what I use to make the figures and things I have for sale in my ETSY shop. Although I loved working with dirt-clay when I was in art school, it would be really difficult for me to do that in my current circumstances. I do not have a kiln, nor do I have a dedicated work space to be able to get all silty and dirty. So, I actually use Sculpy Polymer Clay. Polymer clay is wonderful for me (and many other artists who work in their home) because we can bake it in a pretty low oven. Kilns are expensive to own/run and also expensive to use part-time in someone's ceramics shop. I am probably going to switch to another brand of polymer clay after I finish using what I have because I'm learning more about my craft. I'm working to develop my craft and so I'm watching YouTube tutorials as well as reading online information available to people obsessed with polymer clay. One thing I have learned is that pretty much everyone who is in polymer clay heavily prefers one of two other brands. I'm going to try them out and see if I agree.

I hope that answers any question for Feli and anyone else who hadn't as yet asked. THANK YOU for leaving comments. I LOVE THEM!!!! :)

1 comment:

felicakes said...

Yes that does answer my question.

I have played around with Polymer Clay before and I used something called Fimo. Its very easy to use and manipulate. I dont know if the quality will be the same though. It comes in different colours.

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter