Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Working Wednesday

Last Wednesday market day was VERY slow.  God was merciful and blessed us with one sale, which paid our space rent.  That sale didn't necessarily pay for the clip we sold or the gas to get there, but at least we weren't down as much as we could've been.

There are a few reasons I believe we needed to be there.  For one, it's important for my homeschooling children who are being raised to be entreprenuers to know that not every day is as successful as the other.  It's important to know, when going into business for oneself, that there will be busy times and slow times.  Raising children to be business people is not for the feint of heart!

Also, I think my daughters needed to see me stand up for them.  I don't know why, but for some reason I believe they needed to #1 experience an adult being really rude/mean to them for no reason and #2 see me have a conversation with said adult.  I've mentioned that before and I really am going to explain more soon.  I know my eldest daughter has spoken about it and seemed to sort of glow with feeling loved and protected.  I don't know how to explain it, but it's almost like she's proud that she has a Mama who spoke to someone about their unkindness FOR HER.  I'm glad.

Perhaps I've mentioned it before... I'm not sure as my memory is not as keen as I would wish.  Our primary purpose at market day is not actually sales.  I believe that Lilla Rose is the way Heavenly Father has nudged me out of my comfort zone in many ways.  He would have us minister in smiles and a listening ear to those who pass by our little shop.  So, I'm sure we were needed for that purpose.  Me more because I bring the sweet smiling ones... you should see how lifted and happier people look when they walk away from the sweet smiles and greetings of my girls!  And the baby... it's seems like they feel everything is better for seeing babygirl smile.  Thankfully, she almost always does!

2 comments:

vicki said...

Glad to read this.
Maybe I will call one day and ask Ria to tell the tale.
Much love, mom

vicki said...

I'm a little thrown off by the very last lines of your newest blogs. I understand the "reactions" line, but he last line had "no comments" and not "comments" . Without the latter, a goofball like me doesn't always think to just click on "No comments' to make a comment.
I wonder if this goofball is making self clear!?

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter