Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, February 22, 2014

Saturday Soliloquy #24: While at School in Perth

While I was at school in Perth, I had some very interesting experiences connected to the 9-11 attacks on US soil.  Suffice it to say, I believe I needed to be in Australia during that time.  I needed to be taking a creative writing and a studio art class.  Both of those classes, combined with conversations with my Mom, friends there in Oz, and my (now) husband kept me from falling off the side of the world in my own head.

Jessie was my fiance at the time.  I flew back to the states to surprise him when he returned from his 6 month cruise.  Then I flew back to Oz to finish my semester and travels.

The semester ended fine and my travels were a bit of a whirlwind.  Not very many memories that are very clear.  But I definitely circumnavigated the island continent!

Upon leaving Perth to return to Sydney and fly back to the States for the last time, I stopped at Monkey Mia.  It was lovely there.  I was unwise, though, and ended up with a horrible sunburn.  Try to imagine carrying REALLY heavy backpacks with a horrible burn... three backpacks, to be exact.  At this point, I really don't know how I managed that!

Monkey Mia was lovely.  I remember lots of pelicans and the dolphin that came with her calf.  I rather think she considers herself a bit of an Ambassador.  The whole experience would've been much better to be there with someone, but still.

2 comments:

Veronica Lee said...

Hi! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club. Great blog!
Have a nice day!

vicki said...

like reading about your Australian experience.

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter