Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, May 10, 2008

A Surprise in the Making and Dance Recital Pictures

Yesterday was full of preparations for some sort of surprise Jessie has cookin. He told me, after he came home from shopping, that he's returned the alternator core and received money for it. So, he'd spent a bit of money that we wouldn't have otherwise had on the surprise he's working on. He's been talking about this surprise for a couple weeks and it wasn't necessarily FOR Mother's Day. So, I was trying to get him to tell me what it was. All he would say is that even though I'd specifically said I wanted preggie pants he'd decided that he wanted me to get those whenever we would afford it in the budget, but that he'd spent the money on something else. He went on to explain that even though he knows I don't like to buy things that I NEED, sometimes things that I think I don't need, I really DO need. I'm really curious! How about you?? Well, I'm guessing I will get this surprise tomorrow because when he was trying to get things together last night he came to bed and said, "Mother's Day is cancelled." This was because the thing he'd purchased was missing a piece and he would have to return it and go somewhere else to purchase it. We'll see!

Today is the day for Ria's individual Dance Recital pictures! I'm excited and I think she's oblivious! :) For the recital Ria is supposed to wear the correct attire AND bright red lipstick, blue eyeshadow, foundation, black mascara, and blush. Well, I just barely received some makeup as a gift (and have subsequenly started to wear all of it on Sundays and some of it during the week). So, I have the foundation, blush, mascara, and eyeliner. But the lipstick I received is perfect for me, but NOT RED. Also, I do not own blue eyeshadow. So, we spend some money yesterday on red lipstick and blue eyeshadow. I went around the house lookin' sort of trashy because I decided I would not waste the lipstick and eyeshadow. Jess was sort of shocked by the lipstick. All he would say is, "It's really bright." at first, but I was able to sort of pull out of him that it made my lips look REALLY big. Well, isn't that what everyone wants?? Not my hubbie, obviously! heehee ;) Anyway, it was fun and funny because the girls absolutely LOVED the lipstick and wanted to wear it themselves. Jess, not so much. He wouldn't even kiss me because he didn't want to get it on his lips! Neither the girls nor Jess noticed the eyeshadow. I guess I do have pretty big lips! Anyway, the point was, really, that I'm going to make Ria up for her pictures so that all of you lovely people can see what she'll look like at the recital even though you cannot attend in person.

Most of the other mothers are NOT doing the full-on for the pictures. They talked about putting some gloss on the lips and blush on the cheeks... but most of their families will be in attendance. So, I guess they don't feel as much a need to sort of capture the essence of their child's recital appearance. Ya know?

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter