Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Story Time, Playground, and Preparations

Luckily, Ria was able to find the two library books she got from the library last week. The whole "missing books issue" has been a pretty big problem lately because she doesn't keep them where they are supposed to be and there are two that have been missing for more than a month. So, we didn't check out any books this week. Hopefully we'll be able to find the MIA books so we can get some next week. She WAS able to get a couple movies of her choice, which she'll get to watch after reading classes. MAN she is reading SO well. I'm so impressed and pleased with her progress!

The girls made Corduroy (the bear) today after listening to two stories about him. It was cute, of course. Ria sits in rapt attention for the stories while Kat wanders from sitting to try to pay attention to moving through the room to see what mischief she can get into. Kat loves to read with me or Jess at home and she'll even sit quietly for Ria to read to her. But, for whatever reason, she doesn't seem to get much at all out of the stories read during story time. ahwell I'm sure her desire to focus will improve as she gets older.

The girls had a good time playing at the playground after story time. A friend from GA is in town, so Ria had a chance to play with her daughter, which Ria always loves! I wish they didn't live so far away. But we certainly enjoy the time we are able to spend together.

This friend who is in town right now will leave Saturday morning, so I'm trying to think of a way to hang out with her even though my Dad will be coming into town tomorrow morning! Probably she and I will walk together tomorrow night... we'll see how that works out.

My Dad arrives in Orlando tomorrow to attend Ria's dance recital on Saturday night. Ria is very excited to have her Papa come for HER!!! ^_^ I'm glad he'll be able to see her very first stage performance!

So, my day has already been busy with efforts to make the house a bit more presentable. I don't know if I've mentioned specifically that I've not been as strict with myself about the appearance of our home. It's not totally out of control, but if I'm tired, I rest instead of push myself to clean yet again (or more). I've felt better about my life, in general, since I haven't been super-anal-head-mama about the house! So, I will just have to make my appologies to my Dad for it not being in tip-top shape for his visit. He probably won't mind too much... he'll only have to be IN it for a few days and nights.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter