Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, January 4, 2014

Saturday Soliloquy #17

This post continues the story from last week.

Sydney is a very big city with lots to look at and experience.  I'm sure there's even more if you have more money than I did!  Still it was cool to walk up and down the streets.  I'm glad I'd already had my circle drawing experience in Japan.  One really big difference between Sydney and other big cities I'd seen in the U.S. is that it was way older looking, but very clean.  By older looking, I mean that the style of the overall architecture is so much older.

Additionally, it seemed like the city design is more geared to community.  There was an area of shops and such that could only be accessed by foot.  You had to park pretty far away to get to it, from what I could tell.  Of course, I didn't have a car or use one, so I may have missed something.

I met one young lady with whom I am still in contact with.  Katrin Henn.  She was a bright spot in my loneliness in Sydney.  We ate together and talked.  It was so nice to spend some time with her!

In walking, I enjoyed finding LOTS of sushi places.  Some were actual restaurants.  Others were more like a sort of closet off of the strip into which you could walk and have service at a bar (or order from the front a premade plastic container of something or another).

There was a huge flea market area.  I could've spent most of my few days in Sydney in that place!  SO many vendors!  It was pretty cool.

I really enjoyed my time in Sydney.  It was a good first experience of Australia.  Just a bit lonely.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter