Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Friday, October 24, 2008

We have...

labor. Just labor, but... YEAY, LABOR! It's not super intense yet and it's not progressing quickly, thus far, but it's doin' something, which is good. It started, probably, before I woke up at 9:30am yesterday (Thursday), but I knew it when I woke up. I wasn't sure it would keep going... and it hasn't been intensifying much, but it's not completely disappeared either, which it has so many times in the past.

We went to my midwife's office yesterday to get EPO suppositories and some homeopathic stuff (all of which helped things along with Kat) and Karen checked on things. At that time, around 1:40pm yesterday, I was 4cm dilated, 60% effaced, mushy cervix, and the baby's head was lower than it had been before, which is quite good for effecting change on the inner part of the cervix. I was really hoping to have the baby by now, but that's not the reality, obviously. I can only hope and wish that some day I'll have a baby in less than 24 hours... Ria was 21.5 hours and I thought I had a long thing going there. Kat was 2 days... and pretty similar to this one. Perhaps that's my norm, eh? I pray that it will be shorter this time around. Please pray with me, for the same, if you feel impressed and desireous of so doing.

If you feel so inclined, please pray for the best outcome for us. A good outcome is healthy Mama and baby, which is totally acceptable and wonderful and I'm at peace with transferring to a hospital if it's the Lord's will. Thus far, each time I've prayed about it (and there was a time I gave up on myself a couple days ago and was just sure we should go to a hospital!) the answer was a definite "NO" on going to the hospital. So, please know that I am being smart and my priority is to have a healthy new family (including and, at this time, especially, baby and me). The best outcome, which I've asked for prayers for, is that those parts of a good outcome will come to pass at home! :) I desperately want to have my girls immediately present to meet their new sibling and for us to begin the process, immediately, of becoming a new family - increased by one.

The ultrasound on Tuesday morning said/suggested that the baby's due date was October 18, rather than the 9th. It suggested many other things that were troubling, but not cause for overmuch concern. I'm sure I'll share that information at a later time, but for now I just can't dwell on that stuff.

Thank you, in advance, for your thoughts and prayers for us. We are very grateful and also staying prayerful and hopeful for our part. :)

1 comment:

felicakes said...

OOOO this is so exciting. Your family is definitely in my prayers.

So did you have the baby yet?

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter