Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Friday, October 10, 2008

One Day Overdue

So, it looks like this baby will follow in his/her sisters' pattern in that s/he will be late. I SERIOUSLY hope not as late as either Ria OR Kat. Ria was 11 days and Kat was 14 days late. The last days are the hardest and I'm totally wiped out. I'm still not able to walk and becoming less and less able to be constantly mobile through the day. The hips become agitated after too much (30-45 minutes) constant standing/walking in the house. Also, fatigue definitely plays a part in how much my hips flare up. For whatever reason, they spasm really badly and I literally cannot move until it stops. It takes much longer to stop when standing, but, unfortunately, that's when it happens most! I'm actually becoming afraid to stand for very long at at time because it's such debilitating pain!

Jessie Helping Lots
Thankfully, Jess has been really good to me this time around. He says it's because he has more time, but, honestly, from my point of view it has MUCH more to do with more wise use of the time available! He actually swept the WHOLE house the other day. It was such a sweet gift to me because I'd been wanting to do it, but just couldn't make myself because I knew after two rooms I would have spasms (the last FEW times that's what happened) and if I can't sweep the whole house the dust and dirt left on the floor just goes from one room to another. It just feels really pointless!

Jess is still the "Dish King" which he has been for a while. My belly has made dishes nigh on impossible for a few weeks now. If I tried to do them (which I did this week), my back ends up spasming as badly or worse than my hips! Rough stuff, let me tell you!

What I Can Do
I have been able to maintain the laundry. I actually have NO dirty clothes in the laundry basket at this time and after Jess comes home I'll still have none because all worn clothes (right now) will be laundered immediately tonight. Of course, that means I have drying and folding to do, but one small load versus numerous loads is AWESOME!

I also spend time with the girls and ChaCha, though I didn't do that either of the last two nights. Ria and I have piano practice to work on, regularly, and I try to do reading class with her sometimes, too. I also want to do more writing class, but haven't made that a big priority because of my attention span, short temper, and fatigue (which the last two are certainly SUPER related).

Ria and Kat Contributing
Ria has been the most awesome helper lately! She's been doing many of her jobs without reminders and when asked to do something, she's totally willing and even lovingly responds, "I'll be happy to help you!" It makes me feel so blessed and LOVED! Kat hasn't been quite as helpful, but for 2 (she turned TWO yesterday!!!), and not having the kind of guidance to learn how to work as Ria did, she's really doing quite well. She also doesn't have as much to do because she doesn't (believe it or not) bring as much out into the house as Ria does. Ria has actually gotten MUCH better about her toys and books, too. She brings a LOT less to the living room than she used to. I think it's sort of sunk in that if she brings it out, she'll have to bring it back! Nice.

Kat and Potty Training
It's basically a done deal! :) She has had a few accidents, but they have (almost all) been due to hyper involvement in something and not allowing herself enough time to get to the potty before she had to let it go. She's actually wearing panties when we go anywhere. She even wore panties when we went from Dance class to Piano class yesterday AND kept them dry! I'm SUCH a pleased and impressed Mama! As I've mentioned a few times, I give her training "credit" to Jess, and Kat, of course. She was not interested in the potty at all until he involved himself and tried to get her to use it! So, Ria trained with and for me... and Kat did it for Daddy. Funny, huh?

Updating
I'm updating my voice mail on a daily basis (at night) to share the news regarding the baby. In the updates I share how many days overdue (as of today) I am, and so forth. You'd likely be able to hear, to some extent, my frame of mind as well as the actual message. The first time I left the message I think I sounded almost as tired as I felt, even though I certainly wasn't trying! The main reason for all this is that, even though I have a cell phone, I do NOT keep it with me. I'm aware of and concerned about the radiation issues inherent in and with cell phones, so treat it much more like a land line than most people do their cell phones. Having said that, it takes me a while to get anywhere and I can't stand to hear the phone ring much (I've even considered reducing the number of rings). So, combining my tolerance for hearing the ring (4 is the upper limit right now) and my inability to move quickly, I am rarely able to answer the phone. Most, if not all, of the people calling lately have been friends calling to check on the status of baby's birth/progress. Since I love that people care, but can't stand to repeat myself over much, I'm leaving the stats in my voice mail. If you have the number and think about us, go ahead and call to check! :) If you're lucky (or unlucky, as the case may be) I may answer if the phone is near me, but more than likely you'll get to hear whatever message I made in the evening of the most recent change. If you don't have my number, and want it, drop me an email and I'll send it along. If you want me to call you back about something specific, please state as much in the message AND let me know if I can call after 9pm, when my minutes are free. Otherwise, you might have to wait until the weekend for a call back!

Thanks for checking on us and loving us! We REALLY appreciate it!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter