Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Friday, October 10, 2008

Kat's Birthday

Kathryn Star is now TWO years old! Her birthday was yesterday. We had a VERY busy day, but we made sure to talk to her a LOT about the fact that it was her birthday and how much she means to us.

It was really cute to me that after I wished her a happy birthday she responded, "Wonk you!" That's how she says, "Thank you." Each time throughout the day that I wished her a happy birthday she would respond with her sweet "Wonk you." She was really pleased that it was her birthday, but turning two didn't go to her head, as in making her a big girl, for sure! In fact, she's been determined to be "the baby" even more!

Somehow Kat managed to find a cool cloth diaper in my room. It's black with orange flames and really neat looking. She brought it to me and firmly said, "On!" pointing to her area. I asked if she wanted me to put the diaper on her. She nodded vigorously and said, "Ya!" I said something about her being a big girl and not needing diapers. She said, "Me, baby. ON!" I asked her if she was going to keep it dry and put her pee pees in the potty. She nodded her head, so I figured it couldn't hurt to let her wear the cool diaper. I put it on her and she was just tickled pink! She trotted around the house and made sure to get her Daddy's attention on the diaper and some positive feedback from him about its appearance. She was very pleased with herself in the diaper. While it was on, she would occasionally say, "Baby, me!" It was really funny! She DID keep it dry, too!

Kat is saying "temple" as "hemoo" now. She's still refering to herself as "Kat," though she doesn't correct us when we call her whatever version of her name we happen to call her. She always calls herself "Kat!"

1 comment:

Our family said...

hello! i'm so sorry! we meant to send kat some happy thoughts for her birthday and the day sort of just passed quickly!! Hope she had a very happy day! we love you kat!

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter