Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Sunday, October 19, 2008

And We Have...

absolutely nothing going on to get this baby into the world. Well, that's not completely true. There are minor bits of action, but nothing progressing. I broke down Saturday evening over the whole issue and Ria said to me, "It's okay, Mama. The baby will come out someday!" She's SO funny! She always points out that sort of thing, which is really ALWAYS true, but sometimes doesn't feel like much of a relief.

A little while later Kat came over and patted my leg and then laid her head against my belly and soothed, "Tay Mama. Tay?" (The funny thing about that is Kat can totally pronounce the "k" sound quite well and does so regularly, but not for "okay" I guess.)

Calling Jess at Work
It's pretty funny because, from what I understand, Jessie's co-workers are totally anxious to know when the baby is born. I've heard there may even be two bets going on about the whole situation. One might be about WHEN the baby will come and the other, I've heard tell, is over WHAT the baby will be. Funny, right? My question, when Jess told me about possible betting was, "Are they giving us the winnings?!" heeheehee ;)

I try not to call Jess at work because it's distracting for him (I'm sure) and, especially now, when he hears someone has asked for him I'm sure he's hoping I'm calling to tell him to come home and help me through labor. It's not just him! I called a few days ago and he told me the staff had surrounded him around the phone. So he paused for a moment to say, "No, no baby." I'm pretty sure I heard a sigh of frustration from the group! And to them I say, YOU AND ME BOTH!!!! Seriously!

Today I called and one of the ladies in the kitchen answered. Jess was upstairs in sushi so she had to have him call me back, which meant she had to go way out of her way to get him for me. Before she hung up, she asked if I was calling because the baby was on the way. ^_^ How funny, right? I know the purpose of the question was to determine whether having Jess call me back was of an emergent nature or not, but still. Funny stuff.

Ria and Piano
For some reason piano practice did not go well today. I think it may be the transition from the black keys to the white ones. It's a hump for us, I think, but at least she has the easy keys of the keyboard rather than the harder to intone real notes on a piano. Hopefully she'll get over this "hump" before we're able to get a real piano. She's definitely still interested, at least, which I'm very grateful for!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter