Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Working Wednesday #1

I've been working Wednesdays for a little while now.  I display Lilla Rose hair jewelry at a local Farmer's Market.  It's a lot of work.  Enjoyable.  The first time I had all five of my children with me.  That was rough... but workable.  The next time, I took all my girls (4).  That was workable, but also very stressful because my third daughter is 4 years old and has quite a lot of trouble being obedient.  The next few times she stayed home with her brother (and Daddy) and the two oldest girls and baby girl came with me.  The two eldest are 9 and (now) 7, baby is 4 months.  The older two are, for the most part, very well-behaved, obedient, and helpful.  They did help.  And they learned!

Over the course of our working Wednesdays, the girls have taken over customer interactions a great deal.  For the most part, they are a huge draw for my business and their knowledge about the Flexi Clip and other hair jewelry is tremendous and really entertaining (it seems) to those who stop to talk with us.

I have to tell you, though, as much as we do enjoy the business, I'm pretty sure the main reason we have this business is to get us out around lots more people.  I have a number of ideas about the reason for that.  What it boils down to is, basically, ministry.  I decided, when I decided to begin trying to earn money, that I would dedicate my efforts to the glory of God.  So, it just makes sense that He would use this business as a way to get me amongst those to whom He would have us minister.

For instance: last Wednesday the first two to stop to talk to us were two old guys who spoke to us about their grandchildren... specifically granddaughters.  The last few people to stop to talk to us seemed like they simply wanted to connect to others.  Sometimes a positive connection to another human being is all we need.

This business opportunity is tremendous.  It's not a widely known company/product, so the market is wide open.  I think of it as 31 before everyone knew about it!  I'm so excited about the opportunity it is for me and could be for you, too!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter