Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Tricky Tuesday #10

Why do we have "money problems"?  Do we believe money is the root of all evil?  That's what the devil would have us believe, but it's a lie.  You see, he's taken, as he does, part of the truth and twisted it.  That scripture actually says the LOVE of money is the root of all evil.  Now, the LOVE of money referenced in that scripture is what Jesus Christ talked about when He said things like, "where your treasure is, there will your heart be also".  If we understand this truly and fully, we will come to the realization that money is only a tool... like so many things.  The goodness or badness perceived is in the person who perceives, not the thing itself.  The goodness or badness can also be in the use of it, not the IT.

Tricky Tuesday is supposed to be about saving money and ideas to help finances and whatnot.  So, what AM i going on about?  Well, if we can come to truly understand these principles, we will be able to transform how we use and interact with money.  We will be able to use the tool AS a tool... we will be able to be wise.  How can we truly understand?  Well, I believe that meditation is a wonderful tool to help us move into greater profound understanding more quickly than anything else I've found.  I prefer Kundalini Yoga.

Why?  Well... I tried mindfulness.  It didn't do anything for me.  I tried focusing on the breath... it helped me feel more physically calm, but my brain was WAY too busy for me to feel any swift good from it.  I tried guided imagery.  That was quite powerful for me... but compared to Kundalini Yoga it was like a jerky jumpy ride.  I think I would like to try it again in a few months, but to start with, it was really rough.  Kundalini Yoga has been a smooth seamless transitioning.  It has enabled me to see things in new ways and come to deeper and truly profound understandings more smoothly and quickly than anything else... prayer may be equal, but not as consistent for me.

Want to try?  Just as in prayer there is an open and close.  I do Kirtan Kriya daily.  Currently I also do Prosperity (still) and a conquering anger meditation (I'm in a 40 day challenge for anger).  My main "teacher" has been Felice Austin.  She's great.  If you don't prefer her, you can search each term in YouTube (make sure to include KundaliniYoga).

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter