Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, June 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday Week of May 26, 2011

Thursday, May 26, 2011:  I'm thankful for the swimming get-together hosted by a sweet friend.  It was so nice to see my sisters in the middle of the week!

Friday, May 27, 2011:  I'm thankful for a quiet day at home during which I was able to "bake up a storm" as Ria has been heard to describe such days.  I'm ESPECIALLY thankful that Jimmy was so much more willing to allow me to NOT hold the whole time and to allow his big sisters to entertain him.  They love the "job," but he doesn't always welcome it.

Saturday, May 28, 2011:  I'm thankful to Mr. Sam for being such a kind boss to Jess and a super sweet business dealer and ice provider to the girls for their Orange-ade Stand.  I'm thankful for all the strangers that bought Orange-ade from my girls.  I'm thankful Jessie was along to feel out the situation and act as our bodyguard.  I'm thankful to Randy for being our favorite customer of the day (he bought 4 cups!), a kind business owner who sent business our way, and who (with his wife) gave us a bunch of awesome produce for free.  We did give them some Orange-ade, but they gave far more!

Sunday, May 29, 2011:  I'm thankful for really wonderful phone conversation!  What a gift and blessing telephones can be.  :)

Monday, May 30, 2011:  I'm thankful that Jessie is determined and working hard to make our financial situation better.  He is such a great man!  I sure do love him!

Tuesday, May 31, 2011:  I'm thankful, so VERY thankful that Jessie works so close to home currently!  He was able to rush home to help me when I couldn't move.  What an awesome husband!  I'm also thankful for an awesome piano teacher for Ria who is SO flexible!  She is so very good to us.  And such a good friend!

Wednesday, June 1, 2011:  I'm thankful for the opportunity to spend time with some of my wonderful Sisters, to get to know them better, and spend time at a great playground my girls enjoyed thoroughly.  I'm grateful that our missionaries don't mind that we can rarely have them to dinner.  They are always some good guys and I'm so thankful for them and the work they do!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter