Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Thankful Thursday Week of June 23, 2011

Head on over to EDUCATING EVELYN to participate in a Thankful Thursday Link-Up!

Thursday, June 23, 2011:  I'm thankful for a day at home without outside obligations.  I'm grateful for my girls hard work and their tolerance of me on my bad-mama days.

Friday, June 24, 2011:  I'm thankful for all the sweet guys and one sweetie lady who stopped to buy some orange-ade and other goodies from my girls today.  :)  They made some good money and had some really good experiences.  It's SUCH a pleasure to fascilitate this learning environment for my girls!!!  I'm SO grateful for the work Jess was able to occupy himself with today (working for a friend) and earning some money.

Saturday, June 25, 2011:  I'm thankful for the work Jess was able to do.  I'm grateful for the sweet friends who are using him as much as they can (and maybe even a little more)!

Sunday, June 26, 2011:  I'm thankful for a wonderful Ward family, for wonderful hugs (especially one from a dear sister I Visit Teach!), and wonderful Sisters who are so very supportive and loving.

Monday, June 27, 2011:  I'm thankful for a sister.  She had her birthday today and I cannot remember how old she turned... either 28 or 29...  I was either preggie with my #1 or had only 1 one year old at those ages respectively.  She has 2, exactly two years apart and is an amazing woman!  I'm thankful for the work Jessie was able to do to earn money today.  I'm so grateful for those of my Sisters who were able to come over and help in specific ways to lift up my hanging hands.  Because I only just learned some upsetting news, I'm especially grateful for their presence and loving service.  I'm thankful for the understanding and compassion of others of my Sisters who go to Park Day for forgiving me my double booking myself.  I'm not with it, ladies.  That's all there is to it.  I'm thankful for FHE with Gramy and Grampy Marks.  Their FHEs rock!

Tuesday, June 28, 2011:  I'm thankful for the sweet reception we received when we called to wish an Uncle a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  We hope it was a joyful day!!!  I'm grateful for the blessing of being able to help a friend with something she cannot physically do herself.  Today it was particularly special and gratifying to be of service after feeling SO needy and being SO served yesterday!  I got to spend lots of time with my friend, which is a huge gift to me!  I'm grateful to know of some of the inner workings of Ward leadership who have worked together to Love one of our own by providing temporally.  It's such a gift and blessing to me to know SOME of the work of those leaders AND to know their effect on the wonderful person who received of their Love!  I'm so GLAD and grateful that Ria enjoys baking classes with me SO much.  I'm beginning to feel a renewal of my enjoyment and even Love of baking (and kitchen creating) that I experienced as a young woman as a result of my sweet Ria joyful Kitchen demeanor!!!

Wednesday, June 29, 2011:  I'm thankful for the kindness of strangers and some who are becoming friends.  We had FOUR repeat customers today and are beginning to learn their names.  What FUN to enable my girls to have a business!  They are blossoming in totally new ways and SO excited about their prospects.  :)  I'm thankful for Jessie's hard work.  He found a spot where he will be able to collect wood.  Right now (as of today's work), he has collected enough wood to get another couple fence panels up AND build out some (if not all) of the girls' first rabbit hutch.  HOW EXCITING, right!??  :)

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter