Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Monday, May 2, 2011

Another Blessing of Trials

How could I forget this one?  I don't know.  It's one of the earliest reasons I could discern "easily" as a blessing of trials.  What is it?  It's the way that trials can act as sort of mile markers in my journey to become the woman the Lord would have me be.

For instance, this past illness (just last week) I could see how I was becoming more Faithful when I considered how I was dealing with things currently and comparing that to how I dealt with things the last time the majority of my family was ill.  I could see how I still needed to work on a few things (specifically controling the thoughts that try to prance onto the stage of my mind and, if allowed to move about only a few moments, would spread darkness and attempt to pull me down into hopelessness and despair).  Even though I didn't do as well as I need to do in controlling those thoughts, compared to last time, my control was superb and I chose Faithfulness much more than allowing the thoughts of fear to come in to trouble me.

I do, of course, see how I need to improve.  I have not reached perfection even in this small thing.  I'm FAR from perfect in ANY way... but it's such a gift and blessing to see PROGRESS!!!  So, I rejoice in the trials that I may see how I progress in my journey... and the progress has been SO much more pronounced (and becomes ever more so) as I submit myself to the full Will of our Lord.  What a BLESSING!!!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter