Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Yesterday

We were getting ready to depart for our first activity for the day and I didn't have things planned as well as I thought, so we were running behind schedule. Ria was helping Kat get dressed and muttering quietly. Because I was concerned about what she might be saying, I paid extra close attention. And what to my wondering ears should I hear? "This is so hard. I don't like doing this. It's really difficult. But, you know Kat, like Henry Ford said, 'If you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.' So, I think I can. So even though it's hard, I'm going to do it, you just have to give me a couple more minutes." Yes. Seriously. Ria said the previously quoted series of words almost a word for word! Our efforts at teaching this principle are paying off! YEAY!!! And... drum roll... it's only taken 5.5 years! ;) heeheehee

Seriously, though, I'm really pleased with that first miracle of my day.

Father provided two weather miracles for this bike riding Mama. We went to the playground to meet some friends and stayed for a couple hours. About 5 minutes after we arrived home it started pouring down rain. And it didn't even look like there was going to be a storm!

Fast forward.

Yesterday was Kat's second dance class. The storm of earlier in the day seemed to still be lingering even though the rain had ceased for a while. The sky seemed to get more forbidding. I said a little prayer asking that we might have a dry ride to and from dance. It was dry on the way, just had to avoid a big puddle on the side of the road. Totally do-able. I put the rain guard down on our trailer just in case it rained while we were in the building. What do you think I found when we got out? If you answered LOTS of rain drops and a still-wet-looking-pavement, then you're RIGHT!

In addition to those wonderful miracles (three), Ria's GOOD attitude carried through the whole day.

Yesterday was a GOOD good GOOD day!

1 comment:

vicki said...

Wonderful! Precious! I printed copies and am sending to great gramas.

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter