Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I Think I Forgot To Share This

I was thinking about this second year of miracles I've experienced and I realized I hadn't shared another one that I experienced just in this month of December. I think many miracles come in small packages and that they are equally as important as some that seem bigger.

Well, a while back I received a gift card for Target (birthday present for Tea). While I was at the store looking among the things and trying to decide what I would buy, I longingly fingered a couple blankets. One was an old style Winnie the Pooh (I think I mentioned that one of Jessie's co-workers, Robin, gave us one almost exactly like what I'd wished for) and the other one was a really frilly PRETTY blanket, almost like a 'Sunday best' sort of blanket. Well, just last week my friend, Oz, gave me that VERY blanket. If it wasn't the one I touched, it was one exactly like it. I started balling when I opened the package because I felt like I was being hugged yet again.

Recently, probably after receiving the ridiculous amount of clothing I was given for Tea, I was wondering what I was going to do for clothes for me. The big problem is that my favorite pink pants are developing holes between my legs. I'm not terribly picky. While I would love to wear 'stylin' clothes, I also don't think that such things are necessary. And, thankfully, I don't deeply feel the pricks of the people in the large and spacious building when they comment and deride (as I have heard them do) my clothing, appearance, and/or beliefs. I do feel concern about my ability to adequately and appropriately (meaning modestly) array myself, though!

Well, I'm sure you can guess what I'm going to say, but I'm going to tell it anyway. The same friend, Oz, gave me a few bags of clothes for my girls to grow into. Her daughters are a few years older than Ria, so we have some wonderful items for Ria to grow into. This is especially a blessing as it seems her growth has sped up a tiny bit. Since she's pretty small, I suppose I should expect this at some point.

Anyway, among those clothes, in the bottom of one of the bags, were 2 pairs of pants and a few blouses that FIT ME!!!! I was so excited. These things were brought over the same day she gave me the special blanket for Tea, but I didn't go through the bags until a couple days later. I felt like crying, again, but didn't. I did, however, have to send up a prayer of gratitude! Isn't it amazing!!?

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter