Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

Pictures with a Story to Tell!

















I just have to share these pictures!
They are totally heartwarming and touching
in my opinion, of course.
Our girls accompany me/us to each
prenatal appointment that I have.

The first picture is the only one that I "asked" for.
The girls were already playing "Midwife"
when I saw them and asked that Ria keep doing
what she was just about to stop so I could get a picture.
The Midwife checks the fetal heart rate with
a fetascope (we don't usually use a Doppler).

From there she just continued with the procedures.
This next one is the "Midwife" measuring
the height of the fundus (uterus).


Here the midwife presents the baby to the "new mama".

The "new mama" breast feeds her baby
for the first time!

New Mama covers her baby up.

New Mama loves her baby.

The Midwife checks the Mama's heartrate.


Mama snuggles with her baby.
Mama drinks some water while Midwife checks baby.
Thirsty work having babies!

Midwife bringing baby back to Mama,
who was getting anxious.

Midwife presents baby for first photo!


These pictures show Kat with her most recent invention. It's actually a plastic bag that comes over our PennySaver, but she, initially, used it as a "potholder". She would pick something up and tell us, "hot" and then move it to another location and repeat to us that it was hot. More recently, after my labor scare with midwife visit at home and check on my cervix, Kat has "used" it as a glove like my midwife's. She puts it on and then tries to stick her hand up between my legs. Of course, this is not allowed, but has cause me great guffaws (inside since I don't want to offend her sensibilities!). As of today she attempted to give Daddy a vaginal exam. He was totally clueless until I REALLY pointed it out and he realized what she was trying to do. Then he got all flustered and said something like 'That won't work on me, I don't have a vagina!' It was a HOOT! Just as absolute RIOT!


The "glove" pictures happened just yesterday, Sept. 2, 2008! The midwife appointment\
pictures were from a couple weeks ago. I have SO many pictures to upload! :p

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter