Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

My Best Yet, I Think

ChaChaING
Tonight I've been doing really great (speedy) searches. I've been blessed with mostly easy and fast searches. So, thus far, I've earned about $4.50 an hour! YEAY!!! I'm so so so happy about that. I'm trying to reach a pretty high payout for this month (on the 15th) because I'm worried about not being able to ChaCha as much after the baby arrives (who knows when).

Walking
I'm still walking. I should shout for joy, but I'm quite disappointed, actually, to report that I'm pretty sure my days of 60+ minute walks is done until the baby is here for more than week. My midwife wants me to have at least 2 weeks of quiet rest and I'm going to REALLY try to do that this time since I had such a rough time with my body after Kat and NOT being able to rest. Last week my longest walk was 50 minutes and that was pretty rough. Today I was out for 47 minutes and was totally pooped afterward. I AM grateful (immensely) that I'm still able to get around easily. I've heard from others that their 3rd child experience was excruciating by the end of the 3rd trimester.

NEWS!
SOOO excited!!! I'm just tickled so it's hard for me to think straight about this subject! Mary Kay is a SWEET newlywed chica who moved into my ward (AND my town) really recently. She's been very impressed with and by Ria. Well, Mary Kay is an accomplished pianist and completed her BA to teach Spanish AND she lives less than 3 blocks away from us! Well, I was wondering, as soon as I learned that she played piano, if she would teach a young child. (All of the teachers I've asked won't take a child under 5 or 7!)

Well, a few weeks ago I overheard Mary Kay talking to another Mama of a young child. The Mama was asking if Mary Kay would teach her daughter how to play. The response, "Does she know her letters to 'G'?" My heart LITERALLY leapt! I didn't talk to her that day, but I DID talk to her this Sunday just past. She actually told me that she was planning to ask me if I was interested in Ria taking piano because she thought Ria would benefit from it! ^_^ Isn't that just THE coolest??

In asking her if she would consider teaching Ria piano I also mentioned interest in having Ria learn Spanish, which Mary Kay seemed open to and willing to consider! As well as all that I conveyed the lack of ability to pay money, but suggested a service trade AND she was willing to consider it! ^_^ Isn't that JUST the coolest thing!?! I'm soo sooo sooooo excited!!! It's HUGE... even more than huge, it's an enormous and amazing blessing because the week before I overheard Mary Kay talking to the other Mama I was feeling REALLY blue about the limited possibilities of outside (of our homeschooling) classes for Ria. I have SUCH desires and plans for her "extra cirricular" education, but money is a HUGE hindrance. I'd sort of resigned myself to the idea that she'd probably only be able to do Dance for this year and hope that something would change for us financially and I'd be able to put her in more classes later or something. Well... it looks like Heavenly Father wants her to do more now or sooner than later! I'm sOOOo excited! You'd think all this was for ME! ^_^

Blessings Upon My Children
I was thinking about that sort of thing lately. Like, I remember wishing so much that I had a sister close to my age. I didn't. But Ria does! I remember wishing for Christmas to be like the one Jess and I had just this past Christmas. I swear my joy in having it for my children is FAR greater than I would've felt had I experienced my wish come true as a child! Anyway... there are just SO many things that I wished for as a kid that are just COMING for us with ours. And I'm glad! I would rather my children have them! If there's some way I could go back and sacrifice more as a kid so mine could have better, I totally TOTALLY would!

Moving along. :)

Dance Class
Ria starts dance class this week (Thursday, actually)! She is SO excited!!! I'm pretty happy, too, because she loves it so very well and much. She was sad not to get to go during the summer. I just wish Kat could start, too! :( She's going to be so sad when she can't be out there with Ria! She's already going around the house on her tippy toes, with her arms up, and trying to get her feet into first position! It's THE sweetest (bittersweet, in a way) thing to me!!!

Done Working for the Night

I just ended my ChaCha for the night/morning. My average went up to $4.60 per hour! YEAY!!! Wish me some fast searches tomorrow and maybe I can get up to $5! ^_^

1 comment:

felicakes said...

I have been reading about Chacha on your blog for a while now and was wondering what is it? Are you working for them from home?

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter