Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, September 27, 2008

Fatigue, Frustrations, and an Odd Sort of Temple

This week has been hellacious, to put it mildly. I've had way too many days that have been full of too early wake ups and not enough or long enough naps. (And even no naps some days!) I'm exhausted and it is manifesting as an inability to control my temper! :( I'm now feeling like a horrible Mom, wife, and person as a result. I just want a more normal life... as much as it'll ever be possible with a Chef husband. I can officially say that I feel completely done and over having to work in the middle of the night and sleep during the day.

Jessie's boss knows of this crap situation yet, for the second time now in a short time, has scheduled Jess to work a day shift (which he shouldn't be able to do ANYWAY because he should be working a morning job!) and can't do anything to change it except say that he'll try not to do it again. I'm so tired of being TIRED!!!

I'm quite certain I could continue to carp about this frustration of mine since I feel it SO completely right now, but I'm going to discontinue right now.

I don't know why I bother.... Well, okay, I do, but I'm frustrated, ok!? I went to the Women's Broadcast tonight. I could have stayed home and watched it on my computer. But there was a light dinner at the church before the broadcast and I've been lonely, so I really wanted to go for that as well as the broadcast. I was only able to go because Mary Kay gave us a ride. Of course, my girls were along because, well, what else can I do with them!? So, I got to listen to some of two of the talks. :( The dinner was really nice, though. I've been so lonely.... It just feels like everyone has such a full and divergent life and no time to add anyone else in - even though there are so many women who say I should call if I need anything. I'm pretty sure they don't mean someone to talk to and sit with... which is all I really need. :( I'm so lame! And I'm so tired of talking on the phone and not having physical interaction/relationships with people.

On a lighter and more positive note.... Kat was eating a piece of luncheon meat after we returned home from church this evening. She's eaten it into an odd shape. Suddenly she set it down with the flattest part on the plate and said "temple" in the way she does and kept saying it until I acknowledged her. When I asked her if she thought her meat looked like the temple she agreed that she did. This was a heartwarming moment with her after a great deal of frustration in dealing with her at church this whole day (though, of course, we were at home in the middle). I can't remember really being aware of the temple so much when I was young, much less as a toddler. So, I'm really happy about that, at least.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter