Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Monday, February 2, 2009

The New Calling

I didn't update you on the new calling yesterday because I was, honestly, too busy with it and an ongoing service project with Relief Society to even sit in front of the computer. I KNOW, amazing, right!?

Yesterday I was sustained and set-apart as my Ward's Activity's Committee Chairperson. Neat, huh? Well, maybe that's not the best way to describe: exciting, nerve wracking, tense, fun, and anxiety ridden. But, I think that understatement is sometimes the only way to go! ;)

In the calling and a V-Day dinner/fund-raiser for our Boy Scouts to plan. Yeah. See above for thoughts. Actually, though... the Lord has been VERY merciful. I'm ACTUALLY feeling very calm and happy about it all, thus far. I'll let you know more after the dinner (either the 13th or 14th, I'm not really clear on that yet).

I almost forgot to mention the interesting part about Jess. They didn't ask him to accept a calling - since he's not a member. But they did ask him to be an official support for my calling (part of the committee without the call? After Bro. McLaughlin went through the process of sustaining me he also mentioned that "Brother Jessie, even though he isn't actually brother" is going to be assisting me with the calling. AND after I was set-apart, Jess was asked if he would like a blessing. Jess accepted. Interesting, huh?

Neat.

4 comments:

Katy said...

I love that they metioned Jess, too, when sustaining you, and that he also received a blessing! This is going to be awesome for you two, and I know you'll do great!

vicki said...

So glad Jess accepted a priesthood blessing from your ward leadership. Jess does support you remarkably well, Tori, and he has done some very effective work in the ward. I did get see one of his classes and how well he did/does. He deserves blessings and I am sure The Lord has bestowed some already for his generous and good work.

The Farrell Family said...

That's awesome! Its great how they included Jessie...Jessie and you will do a bang up job!

The Farrell Family said...

That's awesome! Its great how your ward included Jessie...I know you guys will do a bang up job!!

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter