Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Contact Your Senators ASAP If You Care About Your Parental Rights!

My knowledge of politics is limited, but I'm striving to learn and improve in MANY ways (politics being one). The CPSIA "string" fiasco is one thing about which I've tried to involve myself. This newest issue, at least new to me, is MUCH more upsetting. It's Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury versus 1984 by George Orwell. I would prefer neither come to pass, but will kick and scream with all my might against the latter (even more than the former!) and can imagine myself living in the woods striving to recite a text I've been assigned! Seriously. I LOVE literature!

So, what's the issue I'm all turned around about? Well, apparently the U.N. has this thing called the U.N. Convention on the Rights of the Child and the guy Obama wants to put (is putting?) into the position of Deputy Attorney General: David W. Ogden will push for the US to ratify this law, which seems quite good, but, in reality is a nightmare of our country losing/handing over authority to act for itself according to the beliefs of its citizens in TOO many ways. Please read about this subject and then call your Senators! The blog through which I learned about this issue is more eloquent about it. Please read HERE and HERE for the sources I've read. The author is AMAZING in general and I recommend her blog all around.

You can also read here for a VERY helpful summary of 20 things you need to know about this issue. You can also read generally about the subject HERE.

THEY VOTE ON THURSDAY!!!
This is really upon us! Please make a CALL as soon as you are able.


AND in a completely different direction:

If you haven't voted for the cool blog I told you about before (or you haven't voted in the last 24 hours), pop on over there to help her win $50, would ya? It's down to the wire now and she's in 3rd place. But she COULD totally win if we all help her!!! ^_^ It's only a click away.
THANK YOU for helping with a click!

2 comments:

vicki said...

Tori, I like the way your blog looks. It is so nice! Of course I love the pictures.
About the picture, "Mama and three girls"-I find myself wishing that people knew Kat well enough to know that we are not looking at a sleeping 2 year old. I was touched by the awe and reverence that seemed to eminate from her when she was around the babe (Tea was about 10 days old when I finally met her). She seemed to be relishing the opportunity to hold, even touch (sometimes) her baby sister, and she would close her eyes and as if she were absorbing the moment. It was such a beautiful, touching thing for me to see that I don't think I've mentioned it before this. I love the picture because it is a beautiful reminder for me.

Tori said...

Kaylee, I just read a blog yesterday in which the author wrote about how wonderful it is to receive comments. While I completely agreed, I didn't realize how much MORE wonderful (than I realized) it is to receive comments from people you don't know! Thank you so much for commenting! I LOVE comments and now realize how MUCH I love them (even more than I thought!). ^_^

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter