Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Sisters and Angels

I was feeling all beat up by this week I've already had (and it's only Wednesday!??), when my phone rang this afternoon. It was just shortly after Jess left for work, as a matter-of-fact. He often calls me to check on me before he gets busy (only since the baby's arrival). I answered it, which is uncharacteristic of me as late because I've been avoiding the phone a LOT. I just haven't been able to DEAL with anything more than just getting by in my own home.

Who is on the phone but one of my sisters from church. She's calling to check on me because she saw me at church and then I was gone. After we exchanged brief pleasantries, and as I loaded ANOTHER load of puked on poohed on linens and things, I just started BAWLING! She was so sweet and just listened to me sniffle and whine about life as it has been for me lately. I haven't been able to do this because I hate to call my Mom and cry about something like this because she feels bad that she can't be here to help out. I can't cry to Jess cause he just gets all anxious that I'm going to break down further (and unfortunately he knows how my breaks go down! hahaha) He still doesn't understand that crying lets some of the pressure in my head/heart/body out and I feel better afterward as long as he doesn't try to just shush me. But my friend and sister from church didn't feel bad about not being able to come right over, and she didn't try to shush me... she was exactly what I needed RIGHT when I needed it!!!

I'm so grateful for angels. I haven't yet seen the mostly invisible kind that artists portray on chapel ceilings, but I see Earth-bound angels galore! Tammy certainly is one of those to me today and has been any number of times before!!! She's even bringing me some chicken-n-dumplins tomorrow for dinner.

I have to say, I'd always read about chicken-n-dumplins... but then I had some Jessie made and I was, honestly, TOTALLY unimpressed. (I know, right!?! I RARELY ever say such things about my chef-hubby's cookin, but sorry to say, his dumplins were un!!inspiring....) Tammy brought some over for a meal after Tea was born. Jess knew what it was and named it. Because of my previous (not so lovely) experience with the dish named the same, I was apathetic toward to meal. But then... I ATE IT! ... ... ... MAN! I think I ate almost the whole thing!!! (and it was a BIG dish) over the course of 4 days! I'm totally serious. It was so delisi-o-so!!!! I asked her for the recipe, but she told me today she was pretty sure I just asked to be nice.

Nope. I asked because I'm hoping to make some of my very own. Of course, looking forward to more of HERS tomorrow... WOW... my mouth is actually watering right now. SO strange, but TOTALLY true!! The funny thing about the recipe is that I was just thinkin last week that I needed to get that recipe from her because I wished to have some chicken-n-dumplins... and now I get HERS!!!! I'm the luckiest girl... I guess there are some yummy things that can come from bad experiences, eh? ;)

Have you seen YES, MAN, the movie?? The last line of the previous paragraph made me think of it... GREAT movie, by the way. I recommend it. ^_^ Let me know what you think of it, if you watch it.

To wrap this up (since I've been all over the page in my thoughts!) being able to be a blubber baby with one of my sisters-in-the-Lord has made SUCH a difference for my day! I've been calmer than I've been in DAYS! I've felt happier. I've been able to sit down and enjoy some time with all my girls, even if Kat is still sick. (When my kiddos are sick I tend to WORK almost non-stop because I feel like that's the only way to keep my head together. If I sit, I worry.) Whether Kat is well or not is still in the air. I totally thought she was well when she woke up this morning, but... nope. Obviously. Anyway... I'm sure it'll pass soon. Thankfully she does seem to be on the mend. I sure wouldn't want anyone in our house right now, though, in case there are any bugs still scootin around. I'm going to go around the house with some bleach tomorrow, me thinks.

I thank you for prayers offered in our behalf. I'm certain they have been heard and we are experiencing the benefits (and angels) as a result!!!! ^_^

1 comment:

vicki said...

Tell Tammy I said 'thank YOU!' love, mom

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter