Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday Week of October 27 - November 2, 2011

Thursday, October 27, 2011:  I'm thankful for the good workout I enjoyed with Kathy Smith.  Not as much sweat as my best, but got some goin'.  ^_^

I'm grateful for the Host Parents I'm able to work with in my job with ICES.  They are wonderful and generous and I'm so grateful that they are working so hard with our students and giving so generously of their lives!

I'm grateful for 4H!  Ria LOVES it and I love it when it's at my house.  That extra push to get things a little more orderly is such a blessing in my life!  I've missed having it here the last few weeks!

Friday, October 28, 2011:  I'm thankful for a good sweaty workout with Susan Powter (and I added in weights).  Got nice and sweaty... earliest wake up day in a while today: right before 6am!  :)

Happy BIRTHDAY to one of my ICES Exchange Students!  I hope it's a great day for Ida!

Saturday, October 29, 2011:  I'm thankful for the workout with Tamilee Webb this morning.  Did only one of the vedeos (normally do two), but still got a little sweaty.  Nice.  :)

I'm grateful for the opportunity I had to meet with my two ICES Foreign Exchange students.  It was a pleasure to see them in real life again and hear about all they are doing.  What a blessing to get to know them a little better.

I'm grateful for the Harvest Festival/Trunk or Treat party this afternoon.  Jess prepared three pigs at his work (THANKS TO Mr. SAM for donating space in his smokers, which includes the woods chips and energy to smoke them AND was willing to donate the seasonings and spices in the rub on the pigs, but which we not much used because the pigs were of such high quality!!!).  We enjoyed that meat at the Harvest Festival/Trunk'R Treat.  What a tremendous and unigue part of a pot luck meal!!

Sunday, October 30, 2011:  I'm thankful for church.  I'm thankful for lunch, which was mostly prepared by Jess.  I'm thankful for baptisms and my Ria's great desire to prepare for hers by attending others' special days!  I'm thankful I was able to get to sleep really early for me and sleep well through the night.

Monday, October 31, 2011:  I'm thankful for a good workout with Tamilee Webb.  Another 'only' 20 minute-er, but still very good.  Jimmy was awake and crying.  Must answer or Daddy becomes unhappy.

I'm grateful for days to be at home, learn, pay bills, make plans, and maybe... DARE I hope... do some decorative painting I wanna do for my home to feel more like what I want it to be... not so cold and un-me.  :)

Tuesday, November 1, 2011:  I'm thankful for a good 1.5 workouts with Tamilee Webb.  (the .5 comes from the last video on my VHS tape ending mid-way in because the tape ran out)  GOOD sweat on today.

I'm grateful for the blessing of and opportunity to garden with a friend today.  Working in her yard helps me feel more motivated to work in my own!  And spending time in service always provides a nigh on magical uplift for the rest of the day.  God is MAGNIFICENT in the way He has put together this amazing system of Love, Faith, and Hope!  :)

Wednesday, November 2, 2011:  I'm thankful for a good, albeit short, workout with Tamilee Webb.  I woke up later than I have since I switched to first-thing-in-the-morning workouts... 8am!  So, not eough time for a double workout.  ahwell... Still got sweaty.  :)

I'm grateful for the blessing of our little 4H group.  It's a gift to me in two ways.  1: the girls look forward to their friends coming over very much and enjoy the visitors.  2: I look forward to having friends and their children over and feel just a tab bit more motivated, so am able to get the house a little bit more orderly than I get it EVERY day.  So... it's easier to get there because it's happening every week AT LEAST once!  ^_^  LOVE it!  We made wonderful spiders on a stick tonight.  A great addition to the Fairy Garden project I have in mind for my girls.  Since we already have a "visiting fairy" anyway... we might as well develop a garden area for her!  ;)

1 comment:

vicki said...

I may have figured out my problem with the comments. THis will help.
I, as usual, am much appreciative of your TT blog. I miss you and this me the opportunity to be in touch with you in a small, but good, way. with love, mom

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter