Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Monday, November 14, 2011

Thankful Thursday, Week of December 8 - 14, 2011

Thursday, December 8, 2011:  I'm thankful for electric ovens.  We are so blessed with such conveniences that our forebearers did not have!

I'm thankful for the blessing of friends with whom to celebrate.  I'm so very happy for a sweet family who has been able to adopt a baby (their first) and the wonderful celebration we all enjoyed because of their new addition.

I'm thankful for my great workout, which I can fit in right before things and still have time for a shower!  I love it.  I'm going to increase my time to the 45 minute workout in a few weeks.  Feeling sort of nervous about that, but I'm absolutely sure I'll be able to get quite fit and strong in the time I desire with the increased sweat time.  ^_^

Today was weigh-in and measurements day!  I've lost another 5.5 inches.  That brings me up to 12 and 3/4 inches lost.  I went down 1 pound on the scale, too.  One pound may not seem like that much, BUT I am nursing VERY often and still JMy's primary source of nourishment... and he is an ACTIVE bubby!  So, I'm quite okay with slow pounds loss, as long as the inches continue to show improvement (shrinkage).  ^_^

Friday, December 9, 2011:  I'm thankful for lunch dates and the gift of getting to know a neat person better.  I'm grateful she enjoys my children!  I was able to bring Jessie a McRib sandwich, probably one of his favorite foods; since we got to eat there, he should.  Right?

I'm thankful for quiet times at home!

I finished my 14 day boot-camp today.  YEAY!  And it wasn't too difficult and the results... AWESOME!  My Ria wrapped her arms around me and declared in surprise, "You've shrunk, Mama!  My hands can almost touch and they used to be really far apart!"  heeheehee  I SO look forward to the day that she will grab hands around me and I know that day is not far away.  ^_^

Saturday, December 10, 2011:  I'm thankful for quiet days at home.  I'm grateful for thoughtful gifts from neighbors.  I'm grateful for surprise visits from friends at just the right time.  I was stressed about something and their visit helped me relax quite a lot.  I'm grateful for my sweet children and their big hearts and desire to help.

Sunday, December 11, 2011:  I'm thankful for the gift and blessing of being a Visiting Teacher.  I got to help one of my sweet sisters today!  I'm so HAPPY to be able to help!!!

I'm grateful for Sabbath days; nourishment via the bread that never molds and the fountain of pure water that truly quenches thirst!; time to read commentaries on an unfamiliar to most parable; and time to study some of Revelations.  WHAT an amazing book of Scripture!

I continue to feel so grateful for the gift and blessing of the amazing workout I'm enjoying.  I'm in my every-other-day of it now.

Monday, December 12, 2011:  I'm thankful for good days to accomplish little things and enjoy a missionary departure open-house and the opportunity to teach my girls to celebrate things even though they may repeat innumerable times; but to find the wonder and magic in each time.  The joy of living and being a Mama! 

Tuesday, December 13, 2011:  I'm thankful for temple trips.  I'm so grateful Jessie takes time from work and other possible activities to go so our whole family can be together... AND let me go inside for a bit.

I'm grateful for the fever and cough Kat has come down with after our trip.  Not sure what I'm thankful for yet, but from every trouble there is always something good that comes along with or soon after it.  Even illness.  I certainly wouldn't plan for her to GET sick, but trying to be grateful when it comes around somehow makes it easier to bear when it does.

I'm thankful for friends and good conversations.

I'm thankful for the wonderful exercise program I've been working with.  It's awesome and continues to bless my life.

Wednesday, December 14, 2011:  I'm thankful for Visiting Teachers!  On of my Visiting Teacher came to visit this morning and what a pleasure!  I'm so grateful to them for taking time out of their lives to spend with me!

I continue to feel grateful for the workout program the Lord led me to and the effects it is bringing to my body and mind!  I get to take my measurements and weigh myself tomorrow.  :)  I've never been quite so excited about such things.  I started to do the tummy exercises since the last time, so I'm guessing it's made some difference (Ria has certainly said it has).  ^_^

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter