Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, October 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday for the week of September 22-28, 2011

Thursday, September 22, 2011:  I'm thankful for frustrating days because they enable me to enjoy the peaceful, uneventful ones.  I'm grateful for the two dogs that were trying to eat our rabbits and chickens... grateful because #1 Jessie got to be our Knight and #2 Jessie got to feel worried about not having us and feeling how much he loves and wants us.  I'm sad that at least one of the dogs  is dead, but relieved and THANKFUL that neither Jimmy nor I were hurt.  I'm grateful for a wonderful SWEET neighbor who heard me screaming (didn't realize I was!) and came RUNNING across the street to help.  He picked up an 8 foot fence post and weilded it in defense of me and my home.  What a BLESSING to have GOOD neighbors!!  I'm grateful for another neighbor fella who had his shotgun out to try to deal with the dog that got away from Jessie.  WHAT A MORNING!

I'm grateful for the motivation I felt, which enabled me to accomplish a GREAT deal in our garage toward organizing it.  I look forward to having shelves in there at some point... preferrably sooner than later!  :)  I'm so thankful for my daughters' sweet play and enjoyment of being outside "stuck" under the carport because of rain most of the time - they still had a ball and got wonderfully dirty!

I'm grateful that Jimmy slept through 2/3 of my workout tonight.  It really is difficult to focus on exercising when he's sad and wants me.  But I'm grateful that he calms quickly when I attend to him!  I worked out with Kathy Smith in Project YOU tonight.  Not as wonderful as Yoga, but got the sweat on good.  :)

Friday, September 23, 2011:  I'm thankful for a day at home to get some of my ICES work done and just be here... safely.  I'm grateful for Jessie's early arrival home.  I'm thankful I was able to do my Yoga video.  LOVE it!!!

Saturday, September 24, 2011:  I'm thankful for Primary Activities!  Our WONDERFUL Primary Presidency with special guests did an amazing work in building excitement in our children for missionary work (specifically serving missions, but it's a small task for a Mama to generalize from there!).  I'm thankful for the time they ALL dedicated to the planning process, preparations, and flawless and wonderful execution of sending my three girls on a mission for about an hour.  ;)  It was LOVED by all!!!

I'm thankful for Relief Society Broadcasts!!  They are all always wonderful.  But this one feels especially wonderful to me because felt so much confirmation!  I didn't feel chastised through most of it (as I usually do).  I only felt a slight chastisement during President Uchtdorf's talk... and that was lovingly delivered and received without pain on my part.  What a gift and blessing to hear from those who lead this wonderful organization!  I would like to add my small and perhaps silly testimony that the new Manual is wonderful, inspirational, and full of wonderful lessons.  I'm sure we will enjoy our RS lessons this coming year - perhaps even more than we have for the last two years!  :)

I'm grateful for Ria's help so that I could finish my exercises before the RS Broadcast.  She really is an amazing helper!!  My children are definitely the closest "thing" I have to laying up a treasure on earth!!!  I worked out with Denise Austin and had rivers of sweat pouring down my body.  Nice.

Sunday, September 25, 2011:  I'm thankful for wonderful talks at church.  I'm determined to keep my armor of Truth girt about me ever more surely thanks to Bro. Donovan Ward.  I'm grateful for our High Councelor's talk and Pres. Martell's words as well.  I'm grateful for Sister Hardy's preparation for Sunday School!  I'm especially grateful for Sister Jalving's prepartion for the lesson today on HOPE!  Even though her topic was hope, just like with Sister Allred's talk, the main thing that stuck in my mind was CHARITY!!  So, obviously, the Lord is making it clear in my mind that I need to focus, with ever more energy, my work on charity within ME.  I thought I was making dramatic strides before.  God just wants me doing more and better work in this area, apparently!  :)  God's Got It!  I'm sure he knows what I can accomplish, so I'll just obey and seek Him First... as I TRY to do each day!  (I do feel a little nervous about what is coming up if this is such a hugely clear focus for me to work on, directed of the Lord!)

I'm grateful for the promptings to visit a friend.  Hopefully she felt the Lord's Love for her through my few minutes with her... cause I totally felt URGED to visit AND even had to turn around to do so!  God LOVE US!!!!!

I'm thankful for quiet days at home and Quiet Time during which I could watch some of the RS Broadcast again.  LOVE it!

I'm gratful for incidents which may lead to improvements.  I can HOPE, anyway.

Monday, September 26, 2011:  I'm thankful for the headache I woke up with.  It encouraged me to drop my preexisting out-of-the-house plans in favor of staying at home.  I exercised earlier in the day (with Denise Austin Ultimate Fat Burner) so that I could get to sleep earlier at night in hopes of changing my routine to an earlier and better and healthier one.  The exercise temporarily relieved the headache, too!  I'm so thankful for small mercies.  :)  Ria helped me wonderfully with Jimmy while I exercised.  She is amazing!  What a blessing to this home, our family, and my life she is!!!

Tuesday, September 27, 2011:  I'm thankful for quiet days at home.  I exercised today while Jimmy was talking a nap.  (Yoga today.)  What a GOOD way to do it.  Unfortunately life doesn't always work out in the best ways.  It sure is nice when it does, though.  And I'm SO thankful!  I'm thankful for an early to bed time.  I was actually asleep by around 10pm.  I'm grateful for what I did get done, though hope I can become ever more efficient as time moves along.

Wednesday, September 28, 2011:  I'm thankful for Jessie's willingness to go to the temple and spend time with our children while I worked inside.  I was blessed to run into a number of women I've gotten to know a LITTLE by temple attendance.  Don't even know most of their names, but I love 'em just the same.  Some of my "angels" and they are SO sweet!  Once is sending me a gift in the mail, too.  :)  Oh, I exercised EARLY this morning (515am) because I knew it would be a BUSY day.  Worked out with Denise Austin again.  Got the sweat running in rivers down my body.  Nice!  I'm thankful for the opportunity to do 4H with friends.  The kiddos LOVE it and I think we Moms do, too!  ^_^

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter