Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Thankful Thursday, Week of September 15-21, 2011

Thursday, September 15, 2011:  I'm thankful for a day at home.  I've been feeling head-coldy and was especially glad to be home today.  I'm thankful that Ria got much of what she's supposed to do done today and that Kat and Tea wanted to do what they are supposed to do.  I'm thankful for the gardening I was able to complete.  Seeds are now in the ground.  Now, to see how many of them germinate and then survive.  THAT is the question!  And I pray the Lord will bless us with much fruit from my effort.  It has been sweaty work... no blood this time around... at least, not mine.  Kat did slam her finger in the door today, but she didn't bleed into the garden... so I guess that's not the same thing.  ;)  I'm grateful for the time I was able to spend doing Yoga!  Jimmy slept through my whole workout... even my relaxation pose at the end.  SWEET baby!

Friday, September 16, 2011:  I'm thankful for the full and difficult today proved to be.  Today is one of my mile markers.  I have SO far to go... but I'm making progress.  Brought Jess his check, bought chicken and rabbit food, library, Deland Bakery, Grocery Store (where someone told me I should teach parenting classes... HA!), phone call to request a specific act of service I was willing to perform to begin tonight, phone call requiring revocation of invitation made without permission, frustration over non-functional computer, phone call from EllieAngel at just the moment when I was already almost broke down (crying in frustration) in which she helped me resolve my most trouble (fixing dinner, watering garden, crying during all of it), ate dinner, nite nite devotionals, welcomed friends for the weekend, Jess home early and repaired computer, exercised (Jimmy woke up as he often does with just me and my "Knight fought the battle of Jimmy tears" while I finished my Yoga video), and finally went to bed around 1am.  What a day!  YEAY for God sent Angels and exercise!  :)

Saturday, September 17, 2011:  I'm thankful for the blessing of two of our young friends here for the weekend.  Their presence has increased my motivation to DO things outside (that need done anyway!).  So, after breakfast: devotionals and then out to the front yard for work on the driveway.  I really should've done a before picture of the driveway.  Didn't think about it until now.  I will take one today or tomorrow before I pick more grass out of it, though.  You cannot image unless you've been here how MUCH I need to weed the gravel portion of my driveway!  It's so bad that we have to mow the driveway.  Seriously.  I'm grateful for the time I was able to exercise with Susan Powter tonight.  I wanted to do Yoga, but my index finger was hurting so much that itwas excruciating to pick Jimmy up, much less rest my weight on it!

Sunday, September 18, 2011:  I'm thankful for the wonderful behavior of one of my daughters and our two young friends sitting with us in Sacrament Meeting.  I'm thankful for the relief of sharing some thoughts in classes at church today.  I'm grateful for the time one sister shared with me on the phone today.  I am so blessed!  I'm so grateful for my sister from my family of origin.  She spent a good bit of time with me on the phone and listened and tried to give uplifting feedback.  I'm so grateful she still loves me given all she knows of past-me and present-me!

Monday, September 19, 2011:  I'm thankful for the very good behavior of my children as we went shopping for a phone (almost landline type).  We were in Wal-Mart longer than I anticipated and they were exceptionally well behaved!  Then, at the stop at a friend's house, Jimmy did NOT cry!  What a gift!!!  I'm so grateful for my children.  I tend to be pretty hard on them... as I am on myself, just a little less so... but they really ARE amazing!  I'm grateful for the sleepiness of my Jimmy - he slept all the way through my Yoga For Weightloss video.  I even got to stay in Relaxation Pose until Jess got home (only about 5 minutes, but still!).  I'm grateful to feel like my body is changing... My breath is coming easier and the stretches are a little easier.  I'm getting fit-ter (at least).  YEAY!

Tuesday, September 20, 2011:  I'm thankful for a quiet day at home during which I got a lot of computer work done (including some writing!).  Not enough house work done... but that is ALWAYS there!  I'm grateful for the part of my exercise time that Jimmy was happily playing.  It was a bit of a bummer that he started fussing about 15 minutes before I was done, but I'm grateful for the challenge of reminaing focused amid the tumult and trying to share my Peace with him without giving up on my efforts to improve my fitness.  He's a sweet little guy... just wants his Mama.  How can I be upset about that?  Well... unfortunately, sometimes it does get overwhelming.  Honestly.  But I keep reminding myself about how FAST these 6 months have already passed.  I don't have much longer before he's free walking himself!  I need to enjoy these days of his complete desire being just to be with me!  Need to remember!!!  I'm thankful for the workout video (Susan Powter) tonight and the weights I was given by a friend a few months ago, which have come in handy a few times.  YEAY for getting this body (under the fluff) in shape!  :)

Wednesday, September 21, 2011:  I'm thankful for the Visiting Teaching visit I received.  I always enjoy my sweet Sisters coming into my home!  :)  I'm thankful for the enjoyable library trip we took today.  It was a pleasure.  I'm grateful for the time I was able to spend with a dear friend in the home in which she lives.  It was a blast!  I'm grateful for the speed with which my children went to sleep tonight.  I wish I could just keep them up later and enjoy this every night.  But I HAVE tried it and it is NOT a good idea in practical application.  ahwell....  I'm grateful for tonight.  I'm grateful for the desire to workout which continues to motivate me.  I'm grateful for the changes I already feel in my body which encourage the continuation of this desire.  I did Yoga tonight.  LOVE Yoga!!!  ^_^

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter