Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, September 15, 2011

Thankful Thursday; Week of September 9-14, 2011

Thursday, September 8, 2011:  I'm thankful for diligent daughters who worked hard today, without complaint (mostly) to do what they are supposed to do daily.  AND some of it was even done without request, reminder, or promptings from moi!  YEAY!  I love my girls!  I'm thankful for a sweet 2, almost 3 year old, who desires SO much to learn like her big sisters and who pleads with me to do reading classes with her (when she sees me do them with Kat).  They are my treasures... after God, of course.  I'm grateful for the enjoyable YBB I was able to do from start to finish even though Jimmy woke up.  He fussed because he couldn't get out of his seat for a minute, but once out, he entertained himself wonderfully and only fussed that little bit when he needed help out of his seat!  Another treasure!  I'm grateful for the fever Ria has/had tonight which helped me feel greater compassion for some friends whose kiddos are ill.  I'm grateful for the peace I feel in knowing God's Got It.

Friday, September 9, 2011:  I'm thankful for my Mom.  Today is/was her birthday!  She's 20 years older than me and I think she's been my best friend forever.  She tells me that I hated her at one time because I wanted to marry my Dad and was mad that I couldn't because she did... but I think that must have surely been when I was 5 or something!  ;)  My Mom... she is amazing.  She is smart, though underestimates her intelligence far too often.  She doesn't think critically about things as often as she could, but she is SMART in the MOST important way: she knows when the Lord is speaking to her and she abides His direction without question and more quickly than many (me!) I know.  My Mom is the best and most important example in my life of how to live as she felt/believed the Lord would have her live.  I'm so thankful for her Spiritual strength, her dedication to Truth, her determination to stick through seriously tough times, things, and experiences (from childhood on up!).  I'm thankful for her grace, her sweetness, her service... she is simply amazing!  Mom, I'm still trying to be like YOU!

I'm thankful for the time I was able to spend working out with Denise Austin workout video.  Jimmy was wonderful again.  He slept all the way through and only woke up for a few moments a couple times and watched the TV and then fell back to sleep in his swing chair.  I'm also thankful for the continued illness Ria is battling.  I'm grateful for the continuation of this trial because it is giving me more time to practice being loving and compassionate toward her.  I need practice with that sometimes... and especially when she's ill because I have a tendancy to stress overmuch over illness and make things worse by being that way.  Father God is having me work on this weakness right now and I am thankful!

Saturday, September 10, 2011:  I'm thankful for the opportunity to work with a wonderful family to clean our church building!  I'm grateful for Stake Conference.  The kiddos and I went to the Adult's Session and spent time together in the Primary Room so that I could listen to the speakers in the Chapel.  I'm grateful that my kiddos love me so well!  I believe they know that what feeds my Spirit will result in good for them, which makes it easier for them to do what they may rather not do.  I'm grateful for the continued feelings of inspiration and motivation to do what I need to do to get into better shape cardiovascularly and to shed the baggage, generally, but specifically and especially that which cumbers the "outside" of my body!  (I DO know that my internal organs have too much fat in them since my body does... but it's definitely most visible on the outside!)  I enjoyed another Yoga workout today.  I think Yoga is my preferred workout currently.  This time I tried a video I've had for a while, but haven't done much.  I did it and enjoyed it, but not as well as my preferred Yoga video.  However, I know the variety is good for me.  :)

Sunday, September 11, 2011:  I'm thankful for Stake Conference.  I went with just Jimmy because Jessie has had headaches this week and all three girls have had a bit of a cold-type thing.  I figured he wouldn't get much out of it... (he'd fall asleep), so I went and really enjoyed it!  I'm thankful for a day of rest from workouts and other word that I'm pressed to do during the week.  I do enjoy (and even sometimes love) the workouts, I'm glad for the day of rest.

I'm thankful for all the people who helped me 10 years ago.  9-11-01 was a rough day for me... night actually, since I was in Australia.  But my Mom, Jessie, Keefe, Josefine, Feli, Meijke, and a couple others were SUCH loving support to me.  THANK YOU!!

Monday, September 12, 2011:  I'm thankful for a quiet and restful day at home.  I'm thankful for thegood running use of the mower.  It wasn't working a couple days last week, so I couldn't finish the backyard cut job I wanted to work on.  It's still not finished, but the part closest to the house (at least in back!) is done.  That was about a 2 hour job... and only half of it was left after last time!  It was seriously tall, though, which is why it took so long.  Now... I know, you might think tall is, maybe, up to your shins... but this stuff was up to my thighs and hips.  I'm 5'4".  Seriously tall!  Good workout.  I'm thankful for the desire to do Yoga, too.  I'm grateful to my Jimmy for sleeping right through the whole thing... even though he did wake up a couple times to check on me.  ^_^  Oh, and I've "lost" 6 pounds now.  YEAY!  I'm so thankful for Heavenly deadlines!  :)

Tuesday, September 13, 2011:  I'm thankful for my brother Ben.  He's the 5th child in our family (I'm the oldest) and he was, as I remember, one of the funniest kids!  He was a pleasure and he loved us so very much!  I remember that he would repeatedly do silly things (that probably hurt him) BECAUSE he knew that what he was doing was causing our laughter and he wanted us to be happy more and more.  He's still a sweet guy in that way... he wants to help others be happy if and when he can.  He's no longer a totally cute chubby little toddler.  *sigh*  He is, however, a huge handsome hunk of a fella with a gorgeous wife and two amazingly beautiful little girls and a big, smart step-son.  I'm grateful that he is my brother and that he loves all of us so much - even still... after all that we put him through as a kid!  ^_^

I'm thankful Jimmy slept through my Project YOU workout tonight.  What a sweet SWEET lil' guy!

I'm grateful for the learning Path the Lord is leading me on.  I'm grateful for the amazing fount of pure knowledge, understanding, and Peace I feel as I traverse this Path.  I'm grateful for my sweet girls' work with me on our driveway.  It's a gravel thing, ya know, and covered with grass.  We began the gigantic task of removing the green from the gravel.  I'm grateful for the time I was able to spend working on the dirt in our garden.  I'm hopeful that seeds will be down before the end of the week!  I'm grateful for the time I was able to spend exercising.  My Jimmy seems to know that I need this time and, when he sees that I'm exercising, either entertains himself happily, or falls back asleep.  What a joy!

Wednesday, September 14, 2011:  I'm SO thankful for the time Jessie took away from work to take our family to the Temple in Orlando.  It was a really wonderful morning!  I feel like going to the Temple* is the absolute BEST way for me to recharge... it does the job SO completely and well!  I'm especially thankful for the wonderful fun I heard my kiddos had with their Daddy...how Jimmy was so GOOD and the Golly Gang had such a great time in my absence during which time I was doing work for someone who cannot do it for herself.  Today's Temple work time was especially neat for me because I've been feeling really strongly, when I pray, to ask for the Gift of Tongues and the Gift of Interpretation of Tongues.  Now, I know this is unlikely to do much without effort on my part.  However, with the ICES work, gardening, lawn maintainance, in addition to the regular extra things and regular things I have been doing, I haven't made much time to do much Spanish study (which is the first language I feel pressed to become proficient with... French being second).  So... what does this have to do with my Temple work time?  Well, today, in the session I was blessed to attend, there was a native Spanish speaker going through the Endowment for the first time!  What does that mean?  I didn't know until today that when this is the case, the whole session is done in the language of the 'first-timer'!  ^_^  The English speakers had to wear the headsets the temple provides to hear English, should they do desire.  I thought I would do that.  But I sent up a quick prayer asking if I should (since I did feel some hesitation), while I was waiting for someone to bring one to me.  The answer was a distinct, "No."  I was a bit surprised, but then, as I pondered on it, I was impressed with any MANY reasons why the Lord would put me in such a situation.  And what a BLESSING!  It was a REALLY good experience!  Also, this was my first time to get to do an endowment since Jimmy was born.  6 months ago.  And I still remembered the important stuff word for word!  WHAT A JOY!!!!  I'm just so happy today!!!  I'm grateful for the knowledge I have that the Lord has re-established the fullness of His Gospel in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints!  I know the Temples built by The Church of Jeuss Christ of Latter-Day Saints are truly houses of The Lord.  This truly is a Gospel full of MANY good words, good works, hope, faith and Love!

I'm thankful for what seems to becoming a routine for Jimmy... he slept through my Susan Powter long workout tonight.  He did wake up to look around, which usually results in crying if I'm not the one holding him.  But he saw the TV going with me moving nearby and fell right back to sleep.  I have the feeling his angels are working nearby when I set him down with the intent to workout!  Praise the Lord for his Tender Mercies!!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter