Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Friday, September 2, 2011

Thankful Thursday, Week of August 25-31, 2011

Thursday, August 25, 2011:  I'm thankful for the enjoyable day spent with my kiddos.  We went to the library for a while.  They love it when we get to stay for longer than the time it takes to pick out books.  And I made a new friend!  Good times.  I'm grateful for the first class of Cardio Dance, which a friend of mine from church started to teach tonight!  It was FUN and good exercise!  The girls enjoyed it, too.  Jimmy... not so much.  Hopefully he'll be better with it next time.  :)  I'm also so happy that my Jessie's sister friended him on Facebook... I'm hopeful that he will accept the friend request (and urging him to do so).  I'm so hopeful that his side of the family may begin to heal!  So hopeful....

Friday, August 26, 2011:  I'm thankful for the enjoyable day at home with my wonderful and trying children.  It was a good day, though, overall.  And I was able to write a bit when it was all said and done.

Saturday, August 27, 2011:  I'm thankful for another Cardio Dance class.  So enjoyable!  The shared salad afterward was wonderful, too!  It's so nice to laugh at myself as I "dance" and then get to enjoy good food (that's also good for us) and conversation when it's all done.  :)  I'm thankful ALSO exceedingly thankful that the tornado that hit around these parts did so just about 2 miles away... rather than nearer our home.  The crazy wind and rain at precisely that time caused me some mild feelings of wonder and even slight panic.  Praise God for His Tender Mercies in sparing me and my sweet children from having to endure that kind of thing without Jessie!  I know what I'm supposed to do when the situation doesn't warrant a cool head (ie: there is no problem), but I worry about acting under pressure...  *sigh*  I'm sure the Lord will prepared me if the time will yet come for me to have to face such situations.  He always has in the past.  He is ever Faithful.  I'm the one that has to work on that!!!  :)

Sunday, Agusut 28, 2011:  I'm thankful for the Sabbath Day and the rest I'm commanded to allow myself!  I thoroughly enjoyed the talks at church today.  And after church, while everyone else had quiet time, I spent some time painting... what a pleasure... except for Jimmy's fussies... but still wonderful.  Then read the September New Era... all of the girls' half, anyway.  Good stuff.  Inspiring me to work harder with my girls!  Love feeling uplifted and inspired to WORK!  ^_^

Monday, August 29, 2011:  I'm thankful for the inspiration my friend, Daysha, has provided.  Daysha is the Cardio Dance class teacher and has shed 25 pounds by her efforts.  I'm so inspired I've begun to work on my own as well as with the class.  Today I was sweating with a manula weedwacker in my hands so I could wack down some of the back yard to a more mowable height.  And if you think that's not exercise... well, my arms hurt like it was.  And I sweat buckes, so I'm counting it!  Plus, I did some MORE cleaning in the van.  Cleaning so as to locate and eliminate the foul odour which has been tormenting me these past couple of weeks.  It's a PROCESS, let me tell you.  AND as a result: NO MORE EGGS IN THE VAN!!!!!  Generally, I'm just feeling super determined to have a much enjoyable time in this tabernacle of clay... and the best way to ensure that is by regaining my fitness!  THANK YOU Daysha for helping me kick off!!!  :)

Tuesday, Agusut 30, 2011:  I'm thankful for well-behaved children in two grocery stores today.  I'm thankful that they love to shop so very much that any opportunity to do so is a joy for them!  I'm also grateful for chances to write during quiet time and after the kiddos are in bed.  This baby is getting bigger!  ;)

Wednesday, Agusut 31, 2011:  I'm thankful for the inspiration from my friend to actually begin to exercise again!!  Monday: whackin' weeds manually and today worked out to Yoga Booty Ballet.  Love it.  Sweated much, too!  :)

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter