Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Thankful Thursday Week of August 4 to 10

Thursday, August 4, 2011:  I'm thankful for a dear friend who loves me enough to speak her mind and fortify me in belief in myself and Faith AND utter words straight from the Lord to challenge me to do that which I've neglected doing for fear and lack of self-confidence.

Friday, August 5, 2011:  I'm thankful for some exciting progress in writing a story I've been only half-trying to write for many years now.  It's moving right along so far!  ^_^  Now I just need to make time to SIT and write on it as much as possible each day!

Saturday, August 6, 2011:  I'm thankful for whispers of the Holy Spirit* that prompted me to check on flight info for one of my exchange students.  She arrives the 8th! and I didn't find out until today!

Sunday, August 7, 2011:  I'm thankful for Fast and Testimony meetings, wonderful lessons prepared by diligent teachers, sweet kiddos who love the Lord and want to do the right, and an awesome dinner with Missionaries of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints.

Monday, August 8, 2011:  I'm thankful for the sweet woman my brother Ben married and their lovely and amazing eldest daughter.  Kirsten turns THREE today!  I can hardly believe it.  She's one of the "quads" born within 5 months of one another.  My Tea has a slew of cousins within a few months of her age!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY KIRSTEN!!!!  We LOVE you!!!!  I'm also grateful for the opportunity to meet one of the foreign exchange students I'm responsible for communicating with for my job with ICES and her host family.  It's going to be such a fun year!

Tuesday, August 9, 2011:  I'm thankful for my Dad.  Today is his birthday.  (HAPPY BIRTHDAY Dad!!!)  I'm glad he's here for another one.  My Dad would've died a few years ago if he was HIS Dad.  I'm hopeful that we may grow closer and build bridges of understanding and love with this time granted us all with him (you), granted us of the Lord!  I'm also grateful for the time I was able to spend with a dear friend and her children today.  We are going to be a 4H club together!!!  I'm so excited for my kids AND for the gift of spending more time with my friend!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011:  I'm thankful for quiet days at home to write some more on the story the Lord is urging me to get out of my head.

*The Holy Ghost (Holy Spirit) and Personal Revelation
AND a talk by Elder Bednar about the Holy Spirit

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter