Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Friday, August 26, 2011

Christian

I am one... a Christian, I mean.  My Faith is in Jesus Christ of Nazareth, born in Bethlahem, known as a Galilean, to Mary and Joseph.  Joseph was his earthly Father, while Heavenly Father was and is the Father of His body as well as His Spirit.  And so He, Jesus Christ, became God living as a human.

Jesus Christ is my Hope and my Light.  He is my Life.  As I keep Him in His rightful position in my life, even the heaviest burdens are bearable (because I am yoked with Him!).  Jesus Christ is my Savior and Redeemer.  I know that without His Atonement, I could not have any meaningful Hope in or for the future.  WITH and because of His Atonement, even the worst that could happen to me in this life will not truly hurt me, in the eternal scheme of things, because my Hope is in Christ and His saving GOODNESS, Grace, and acts (The Atonement).

I love the Gospel of Christ!  It has brought all that is GOOD in my life to my knowledge and ability to feel.  Christ is what is good about me and who is most important to me.  Through His Gospel, I have come to acceptance of almost all things with which I previously struggled.  I know the few things I have not yet come to accept are things I will shortly be in complete acceptance of because I am striving in Christ to truly be His.  Beyond acceptance, I have come to Peace in and over many things with which I have struggled.  And even beyond Peace, I have come to happiness and even joy concerning some (perhaps even many) things that I should feel happiness and joy in and about, but which I could not prior to making Jesus Christ BIG in my life and putting Him in His correct place in my heart, mind, and life/actions.

The Gospel of Christ, as taught in the Bible, is (in my understanding, knoweldge, and experience with God's Word via the Holy Spirit (wich constitutes my Faith)) magnified and expounded upon in The Book of Mormon.  The Pearl of Great Price, Doctrine and Covenants, and Articles of Faith add additional Light to my understanding of Jesus Christ's Gospel.  I'm so grateful our Heavenly Father has given us so much of His Word that we may grow in knowledge and understanding of Him and His ways that we might become ever more like our Savior and our Heavenly Father.

I bear my testimony that The Church of JESUS CHRIST of Latter-Day Saints contains within it the greatest amount of Truth and Light available through any of the religions practiced on the face of the earth today.  I'm grateful that our Heavenly Father condescends to communicate to us via His Holy Spirit of truths which are necessary to our eternal salvation.

I bear this, my testimony, in the name of Jesus Christ, Amen.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter