Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Week of January 5 to 11

Thursday, January 5, 2011:  I'm thankful for all the work we were able to accomplish toward the garden.  It was really nice to have a family meal before Jessie went off to work, too!

Friday, January 6, 2011:  I'm thankful for my sister-in-law, Anni.  Today is her birthday.  Although she dislikes me with a vehemence I don't quite understand, I am grateful for her because without Anni in Jessie's life, I know my husband would not be exactly who he is.  And since he's my Man, and We
Keep Choosing Us, I'm grateful for who he is and what part she has had in making him HIM!  I'm grateful for all those who have been in Jessie's life who have contributed to the man he is.  So, HAPPY BIRTHDAY Anni.  I'm grateful for you and hope you have a wonderful day!

I'm also thankful that, even though the day started out difficult, it has been a peaceful day.  Kat awakened for the first time around 3 or 4am to throw up, then again a few hours later, another time or two after that.  She hasn't hurled for a few hours now, which is wonderful.  Hopefully she'll remain well and we'll be able to go to church on Sunday.  We'll see.

Saturday, January 7, 2011:  I'm thankful for productive and peaceful days like today.  I created an "event" in Facebook for Ria's birthday party/activity.  I did a tiny bit of organizing food storage to free up some cardboard boxes we're using for gardening.  I was able to purchase a couple things from Emergency Essentials with some gift cards I earned (so exciting!).  And finally made some headway in getting some information for my ICES job.  YEAY!

Sunday, January 8, 2011:  I'm thankful for more time as a family than we normally have on Sundays....  I missed going to church to partake of the Sacrament, but illness has been upon us.  Kat started throwing up on Friday.  Diarhea Saturday and today.  Early this morning Tea started throwing up.  Jess is feeling nauseous and I have a horrible headache.  I honestly do not feel thankful for the illness anymore.  Trying to be grateful about what the illness has caused/brought with it.

Monday, January 9, 2011:  I'm thankful for an easier day than I expected after Tea and Jmy being ill yesterday.  Neither of them threw up again today.  YEAY!  Praise the Lord for His mercies.

Tuesday, January 10, 2011:  I'm thankful for a lovely day trip to Orlando with my family.  The children wore their balck and white clothes Brother Kelly gave them for Christmas.  Their appearance and enjoyment of dressing alike warmed my heart tremendously.  I'm so grateful for my family!

Wednesday, January 11, 2011:  I'm thankful that I was able to accomplish some work that needed to be done.  I'm grateful for encouragement to write - in the last two days I've written sixteen pages of my story!  (That's one long-ish and two short chapters!)  ^_^  Jessie heard about Amanda Hocking on the radio Sunday night and has encouraged me to try for similar success.  So... I am.  :)  I hope you may choose to purchase my book and spread the word once I've released it via ebook formatt.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter