Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, January 19, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Week of January 12 to 18

Thursday, January 12, 2012:  I'm thankful for the garden work we were able to get going today.  We now have almost double the space we started with before our efforts!  YEAY!  I'm hoping I'll have a good planting plan sometime soon!

I'm grateful for the writing I've been able to get done.  27 pages in the past 3 days (not including today).  Pretty awesome, yes?  :)

Friday, January 13, 2012:  I'm thankful for answered prayers.  I've been praying the Lord to bless me with Quantum Leaps in my progression... mostly Spiritual, but also hoping for other things and other ways of becoming better... I realized just recently that the Lord has answered my prayer by blessing me with numerous trials.  The most recent trial of ill health has been cumbersome, to say the least.  Each time I think my sweet babies are better, they barf again.  :(  It's exhausting.  Emotionally, mentally, and even spiritually exhausting.  I pray I am truly Leaping... but fear I am barely baby stepping along!

Jessie made some suggestions about writing effort he would like to see me make and since then I have met or exceeded his suggestion.  He said it was not an expectation, per se, but I have felt it to be just that.  Good progress in the THE story that has been gestating in me for the last eight year is such a joy.  I feel such excitment in learning what is happening in the lives of these characters that are almost like friends in my mind!  If you don't write, I realize that could sound crazy, but it's really quite normal.  I promise.  :)

Saturday, Januaray 14, 2012:  I'm thankful for all the work my children and I were able to accomplish this afternoon!  Kat and Tea did help, but really it was mostly Ria and me working hard to get some more of our front garden area defined so we can pack it full of good dirt.  (Our soil here is mostly sand with a little dust-like dirt mixed in.  When I dig down far enough, it's a bit of clay mixed with dirt.  Amazing, right?)  We did get the area completed.  It was wonderful to accomplish so much with my kiddos!  Jmy was a sweetie almost the whole time.  He crawled back and forth, following his sisters in their efforts to gather dirt in a little bucket and move the liner stones we used.  I got the easiest work today.  I'm still super tired for the 26 hours awake last Sunday....  Anyway... hopefully we'll be able to get the dirt on Tuesday.  I'm sure we'll be able to spread it over the whole area, but I think we'll have to make one more haul to fill in the area to the depth we need.  I still haven't planned out the plantings....

Plus we have a long strip area in the back that needs work.  We're making that area into huglekulture (as well as the third 8x10 bed we fixed up a few weeks ago).  I'm hoping this kinda of garden will help us with the dry hot summer!

Sunday, January 15, 2012:  I'm thankful for the Sacrament.  I went to church to partake and then back home because Ria barfed Saturday night and Kat barfed twice this morning!  "/  I'm grateful for the peaceful and enjoyable day we spent together as a family.

Monday, January 16, 2012:  I'm thankful for how helpful my girls can be when we have work to do. I'm grateful for their loving dispositions.  I'm grateful that I was able to get some work done in our front garden area and then salvage some screws for future projects.


Tuesday, January 17, 2012:  I'm thankful for the awesome work Jessie did in getting another load of mushroom compost for our gardens.  We've got the front area we've been working on completely covered... just have to get another load to finish it off.  We'll probably also be able to start adding soil to the LONG garden box in the back in which I hope to plant lots of peas for eating (and, if I'm truly blessed: canning!).  ^_^

Wednesday, January 18, 2012:  I'm thankful for Jessie, my husband.  Jess is a good human being.  He's strong (physically, mentally, emotionally and spiritually).  He is talented: plays guitar, teaching himself to sing, writes well when he sits down to do it (stories and songs, etc) and he's got a most amazing and enjoyable imagination!  Jessie is very VERY skilled!  He is a Chef, a musician, a mechanic, a handy-man, a good planner (when he puts his mind to it), a great play-mate for children, and a hard worker when he chooses to be.  He is just a really good person.  I'm grateful he found me on matchmaker.com these 11 years ago!  I'm even more grateful that, even though I wasn't a praying girl or doing right in many ways, that the Lord whispered loud and clear that I should break some of my "rules" to meet this guy.  Even with all the troubles, he's really worth it all!  I'm grateful for the Father he is and is becoming.  I'm grateful for the provider he is and consistently tries to be.  I'm grateful for his efforts to become a better man.  I'm grateful that he is my husband and pray WE will both continue to successfully  KEEP CHOOSING US!  ICU, JessieWho.  I really do.  And I still choose you.

I'm grateful for those things that were accomplished today, especially what Jess chose to do without being asked: fitting a light up in our computer room.  It's so much brighter in there at night now.  I'm grateful for the time we were able to spend together as a family.  It was a GOOD day!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter