Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, January 26, 2012

Thankful Thursday: Week of January 19 - 25

Thursday, January 19, 2012:  I'm thankful for the peaceful good day we've had today.  I'm especially grateful for those things Jessie did of his own desire and motivation.  I'm especially thankful that among the things he accomplished today he did dishes!  What a help to me!  He also fitted out our newest bunnies in a safer location (on our patio and in the pet-like hutch we sort of bought).  Additionally (an no less importantly), he fixed the current rabbit-keeping get-up to be more firmly attached and in place.  Hopefully whatever is predating our rabbits will be UNsuccessful in the future!

Friday, January 20, 2012:  I'm thankful for the cleaning, letter writing and story-writing I was able to do today.  What a productive (though in small ways) day!  I love to see results of my efforts!  I'm grateful that Jessie took some time out of his work day to get the tags for our vehicles and deposit our paycheck.  Unfortunately, he didn't have everything he needed to do the job....  ahwell.  He certainly tried.

Saturday, January 21, 2012:  I'm thankful for the quiet day at home and the things we were able to accomplish (not much, but also a lot).  Shifting the "media/craft room" around.

Sunday, January 22, 2012:  I'm thankful for health and the opportunity to go to church together as a family. YEAY!  We are all well and hopefully we'll stay this way for a while!

Monday, January 23, 2012:  I'm thankful for Peace in my heart even when the world seems to run a-muck around me.  I'm grateful to be able to accomplish much (never enough, but still happy for what does get done).  Today, phone conversations to resolve ICES stuff and empathize with a Sister are the accomplishment of the morning.

Tuesday, January 24, 2012:  I'm thankful for the errands Jessie ran today, which will decrease the stress of running those same errands with all our kiddos.  I'm grateful for the work he does, generally.

Wednesday, January 25, 2012:  I'm thankful for the serving of our family Jessie did today.  He dropped by Tractor Supply to get some chicken wire, then off to the dirt store to buy some more good stuff, then back home to bust his bum some in getting the awesome dirt in place.  We normally work together as soon as he gets home with the black stuff, but today I was working on something when he got home.  He got right to work, for which I'm super grateful because doing so enabled us to have a more leisurely lunch together before he had to go to work for the night.

Although I am not happy that what has happened HAS happened, I'm so beyond grateful for the opportunity to serve (in my capacity as Compassionate Service Leader) a really wonderful family in my Ward.  I have felt some moments of pure joy in service for them, for which I am tremendously grateful!

I'm also grateful for the awesome experience of receiving what felt like to me, a download of information from Heavenly Father which I have high hopes may help the person it is meant to bless.  "Oh, use me God!" my soul joyfully cried, when I learned from my friend that the information I'd received sounds good to her!!  I'm so grateful to feel to be an instrument in His Hands!!!

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter