Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Thankful Thursday, Week of December 29 - January 4, 2012

Thursday, December 29, 2011:  I'm thankful for  Jessie's hard work in our garden.  I'm grateful for his thoughtfulness and consideration in providing us with a great dinner so I could continue to rest and recooperate!

Friday, December 30, 2011:  I'm thankful for good shopping with my children.  We went to 3 stores in 4 hours.  They were TROOPERS!  Kat said, while we were in the third store, "We've already been here today, Mama!"  Nope, we hadn't... they just all look the same.  Different prices, though... by a LOT, amazingly enough!

Saturday, December 31, 2011:  I'm thankful for a peaceful day and Jessie coming home much earlier than I expected!  I'm grateful to still be married... 9 years married 11 years together now.

Sunday, January 1, 2012:  I'm thankful for good talks and lessons at church today.  I have not, as is MY tradition, set any "New Year's Resolutions".  When I used to, I always failed to keep them very long and felt like a failure.  So, I simply set and work toward goals all year long... I just refuse to set or start or re-start any the first week of January!  ;)

Monday, January 2, 2012:  I'm thankful for a peaceful day... for the most part.  Spent some money on seeds and such... hoping to get this Florida gardening thing down this next season.  I'm good at growing green things... just not much PRODUCE coming from it.  :(  I REALLY hope to have to can up some good stuff from the Spring gardens!

I spent the day managing my lil' brood and trying to teach what is important.

Life is trial, but I sure DO love it and I'm SO grateful for it... ALL!!!!

Tuesday, January 3, 2012:  I'm thankful for the productive day we had today.  Off to the Post Office to mail a very small package... hoping it'll be well received.  Then off to my midwife's office to finally get Tea and Jmy's blood tests done.  Found out their blood types.  Neat to see that process... and they were both courageous troopers in getting poked by the lancet!  Then off to a treat on the way home.  The girls were very well behaved!  (As was Jmy!)  I'm so grateful for the many blessings the Lord sees fit to bestow upon me!!!!

I'm looking forward to receiving some recent purchases (family gifts, really) in the mail.  We're waiting for beneficial nematodes (these are our latest effort to deal with the fire ants naturally... they are such a deterrant to my efforts to work in the garden... the horrible pimple-like welts the ant bites cause and the months-long itching that follows.... then the bite spots are visible indefinitely...  ugh!  Hopefully these tiny guys (the beneficial nematodes) will make the difference I've read they can!), red wigglers (worms; we're finally beginning our worm composting project!), as well as lots more heirloom open-pollintated seeds. FINALLY I was able to buy some comfrey!  YEAY!  I'm praying we'll have a great deal of success in our efforts!  Pray for us, if you think of it!  :)

Wednesday, January 4, 2012:  I'm thankful for all the work we were able to accomplish outside.  We're getting new garden areas prepared and ready for Spring planting.  I'm also grateful for the enjoyable 4-H meeting we had this evening.  Planning for our big Service Project went well as well as work on the children's Community Unity Project book (which they'll turn into the Extension Office by the end of the school year).  They are enjoying the work, which is a pleasure to see.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter