Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Saturday Soliloquy 33: I am

I am... Tori.  So many desires burn in me.  Mostly, a desire to fulfill God's plan for me.  And how does one know how... or even how to find out what we're supposed to do?

Surely the best way is through prayer.  At times, though, the press of the world makes spiritual knowledge feel so... unsure.  When I've found myself in times like that, taking one step at a time is the only way to do what needs to be done.

I've learned a lot about myself as I've taken one step at a time.  Often stepping into what seemed to me to be complete darkness... emptiness.  And then, just as I imagine I'm going to fall into a chasm, my foot falls on something solid and I've made another step in the right direction.  Many times I've thought I was doing the wrong thing.  And I definitely have made my share of mistakes!  But since I turned my life over to God, even when I wasn't sure if I was stepping right, He has turned it for good.  Praise the Lord for that!

One thing I've learned in the last few months is that I am definitely a creator!  I love to make things.... create!

Preggie with our sixth baby... definitely creating!

Writing... um, yeah!  I'm a writer!  My Mom has known it for decades.  I definitely own it now.  I am a writer!

A painter.  I love to paint!  Mostly what I do is simplistic and abstract.  Definitely not the kind of gallery work I admire and wish I could emulate.  But I feel so satisfied with what I do create... I love painting!

Fiber arts... in particular crocheting for me.  It's just amazing to watch a string turn into a thing!

Clay... I love to make recognizable forms from balls or squares of stuff.

I am a creator.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter