Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Saturday, January 9, 2016

Saturday Soliloquy #32 (I think): Lover's Lane, Dallas

Without fail, when I depart from the Temple, I feel full of love and desire to be with and hug my family.  Thankfully, I usually have my family with me when I go into the Temple.

As an aside, but related to this little tale, my children have been very keen to see my husband and me hold hands and/or kiss (especially on the lips).  They have called out, at times, things like, "Hold her hand, Daddy."  Or even, "Kiss her.  Kiss her on the lips!"  It was funny the first few times, but got old fast.

Driving to the Temple in Dallas, TX, we see the exit for Lover's Lane.  My children often point it out.  Tea, especially, would be likely to say something like, "Lover's Lane... ooooh, so romaaaantic!"

Leaving the Temple in June, I saw the exit sign just as I'd seen it on our way to the Temple a few hours before... just as I'd seen it twice every time we go.  This time, though, I decided to take it.  Since I was driving, I did.

The van was alive with a ruckus of questions about why I was doing what I was doing.  I didn't answer with anything that satisfied the children's curiosity.

I found a church with a parking lot near the Lane and parked our van so the children would be able to see why I'd taken the exit.

Jessie and I walked, holding hands (oooohhh, soooo rOMantIC) to a place in front of the sign so we could take a picture there.  That's all I wanted to do.

I'm not one for spontaneity, as a general rule.  I just had a feeling for fun and sweetness and went for it.  It turned out to satisfy both.  Yeay!

Interestingly, Jessie kissed me.  On the lips, even.  The children were about to need some smelling salts, I tell ya!

Good times.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter