Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Thankful Thursday

I know a really cool girl who does a weekly post to share some of the things she's thankful for each week.  Because I love her posts and because I think it's an awesome way to shine out and share Light into the world, I'm joining her in working to make Thankful Thursday a weekly post.  :)  So, for my introductory Thankful Thursday:

Friday, April 15, 2011: I'm thankful for the excitement my family and I feel in anticipation of our house-guests!

Saturday, April 16, 2011: I'm thankful for updated information about my sister's itinerary and expected arrival day/time for her upcoming visit.  I'm also thankful that their arrival was slightly delayed as we were dealing with some rather heavy stressors.

Sunday, April 17, 2011:  I'm thankful for a loving Ward Family who welcomed me to church (my first since the birth of my #4 child) with great love and affection.  I'm also VERY thankful for the safe arrival of my sister and her family for their visit to and in our home!

Monday, April 18, 2011:  I'm thankful for simple pleasures, safe travel, yummy ice cream, and time to "just" BE in my sister and her family's company!!

Tuesday, April 19, 2011: I'm thankful for the gift of a safe and enjoyable visit to a local "tourist" spot with a yummy Greek lunch after.  All of which was made even more fun and exciting because it was enjoyed in the company of family!  I'm thankful for the opportunity to see a valiant Priesthood Holder, hubby, and Daddy in action, caring for his "flock" with great Love, Patience, and Devotion.  I knew my sis would be as wonderful as she was!  ;)

Wednesday, April 20, 2011:  I'm thankful for sweet service and loving kindness of those who do NOT need to do, but do anyway BECAUSE they Love as Christ Loves!  I'm thankful for Tea's SWEET temperment - which has extended into this illness.

Thursday, April 21, 2011:  I'm thankful for the gift and blessing of Priesthood Blessings and the loving "Mom" and "Dad" (adopted initially by Kat) who came to our home at 12:30am to administer th blessing of comfort and help with ill Tea and then came back half-a-day later to check on us and give Easter gifts - NO cany and DEFINITELY no chocolate AND who called after that to check on us again!!!!!  They really know and LOVE us!!!  Tea's gift from Mom and Dad, subsequently, has become her comfort thing: a little character lantern.  "Not oil burning, but it uses batteries," as Ria commented.  :)

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter