Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Sunday, November 16, 2008

Weigh-In and Blessing Day

Weight
So, when I had my 2 week appointment (I believe that was Wednesday?), I asked Karen to weigh Tea. She was happy to do that for me and we found out that Tea was 11 pounds 14 ounces. Obviously, this girl doesn't have a problem eating! heeheehee ^_^ She's gotten longer lately, too, though I haven't taken a tape measure to her, I can see it! Makes sense since she had that growth spurt sleep and all!!!!

I lost 22 pounds since the last time I was in Karen's office (the week of Tea's birth)! YEAY!!! The funny part about that number is that I gained 12 pounds while I was preggie... so that leaves 10 that was lost off of my own personal blubber butt (ok, so maybe it was lost in a more well-rounded way than off just my butt, but still... ^_^). I'm happy about the weight loss, of course. If you have any concern over the possibility that I may not have been eating well during the pregnancy, let me remind you: Tea weighed TEN pounds FOUR ounces when she was born!!!!!! ;)

Name Blessing

Tea was blessed today. YEAY! Jessie's best friend in Bunnell Ward, Joey, blessed Tea. I felt this was most appropriate because Kat was blessed by Randal, who was Jessie's best friend in Norfolk Ward (because of his relationship with Jess). I really feel that the next best thing to their Daddy blessing them (which really is not anywhere near the preference of Daddy doing it, of course) is that our girls are blessed by the most important priesthood holder in thier Dad's life (his best friend). And Jess was pretty happy, I think, when I asked him if he wanted to ask Joey to do it. So, it's good all the way around.

The blessing was lovely! Joey and his wife don't have children of their own yet and Joey had not been asked to offer a name blessing before. Joey told me after the blessing that he was really nervous about it. His wife told me that she was very touched by the barely discernable, but real, difference in her husband after he acted as the voice for the blessing. So, it was a lovely experience for more than just the Mama, Daddy, and Grama of the baby! ^_^

2 comments:

Katy said...

What a wonderful occasion. And how neat that your husband's best friend was the one to bless her.

That's some awesome weight loss, sista! Keep up the good work. Your babies are beautiful, by the way.

Hope you don't mind me stopping by. :-)

Tori said...

I am a witness! I was there for the weigh-in. Now, to a person or two I did err. I said that she weighed over 12lbs. Please excuse me, Caroline (and to whomever else I miss-stated). My brain was malfunctioning-a common occurrence! love, mom/vicki

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter