Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Tuesday, November 25, 2008

One Month

Obviously, I'm pretty intensely focused on Tea since most (if not all) of my post headings have had to do with her. But, seriously, can you believe she's a MONTH old already!!??? What I've always heard mothers with more children say is definitely true: it goes by SO much faster when you have more!! I'm sad about that, in a way... but I've been trying really hard to cherish my newborn days. They CERTAINLY are easy to enjoy and cherish with this little/big girl!!!

Okay, so I've been meaning to weight her since her 4 weeks birthday, but kept forgetting when I actually COULD do it. I remembered this morning! I should preface this weight info with the fact that I weighed her at home soon after she was born and the weight our scale registered for her was right at 10 pounds. So, I think it's pretty accurate. Onward: I'm amazed and pleased to report that Tea weighs in at over 14 pounds! Can you believe it!?? She's gained 4+ pounds in 1 month!

She's interacting more, too. She's had more times during the day that she's actually looking at one of us rather than trying to look away (one of the signs of over-stimulation that we all know will turn in to crying if we don't honor it). During those times that's she's interacting, she USUALLY has a window of SMILEtunity. It's the opportunity to see her smiling, talking, and even almost laughing (the little breath inhale/giggle that Kat did is Tea's giggle, too!). It's SO sweet and wonderful!

Ria and Kat are, for the most part, still wonderful to and with Tea. They are almost completely over the colds that we've all had (even Jess!). Thankfully, Tea didn't have much of a case of it!! WHAT a relief!

Hopefully Ria will have piano class today (since her regular day for it is a holiday and we haven't officially switched it yet). Thanksgiving will be sort of sad for us since Jess will be working and our normal plans are all kaput (because of the holiday). What a bummer for us. But the girls and I will probably have a movie day and do school, which they always love (especially the combination of "free" movies with classes)!! :)

Kat is still "tailing" Ria. They really are VERY good friends most of the time. And Kat nearly idolizes her big sister. I'm so grateful that they usually don't fuss or fight THAT much. I wish it was non-existent, but Jess and I bicker, so they don't have perfect examples in us! So much work to do and not NEARLY enough life in which to do it! ;) I wish I could just be RIGHT all the time. At least I can, sometimes, see progress in myself. Wish there was more, though!!!

So, Jess is actually sick! I suppose it's sort of normal, but has hit earlier in the process than before. When he's started working a second job (which he's done at least twice since we've lived here) he usually comes down with a big bit of something. I send him to bed and he's better in a day or two. Thankfully his body is quite capable of healing. He jokes about his abilities in that area, but I DO fear that they may become less wonderful as the time he smokes lengthens. He's almost 30... and he's been smoking since he was 10, really. Really, that's a LONG time! Hopefully he'll be right as rain by tomorrow (when he has to work a full shift again). Pray for him, if you think of it. Please.

1 comment:

Jenny said...

Sorry to hear about Jess being sick. That's never fun. Sorry to hear the holiday will be without Daddy. Last year we had all Christmas, Valentine's Day and all three of our birthdays without Daddy there to celebrate. No fun! We were glad we had Thanksgiving. This year we weren't planning on having Thanksgiving together, but job changes made it so we will.

I learned from your post that we both married younger men! ;-) My husband will be 30 next August even though I will be 31 in a couple of weeks.

Anyway, hope you have a great holiday even though you won't be all together for it.

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter