Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Friday, November 21, 2008

The First Day

Today ended up being MUCH more like the first day of the rest of my life (hopefully NOT) than I anticipated. Normally Thursdays are our SUPER busy day, but the girls were coughing up a storm this morning, so we didn't go to any of our normal activities. That's a bit of a break, in one way, and a HUGE headache in at least a couple others!

So, that was unexpected... home all day with the girls and all.

Jess had a meeting with the owner of a restaurant at 9am this morning. No prob. That was in the plan. What was NOT in the plan was that he would end up waiting around there ALL morning to meet one person, then another, and finally the last main decision maker of the establishment. Well, it was a good investment of time. He'll start there THIS Saturday morning and he's going to make only one dollar less an hour there than he makes at his Full-Time Job! Nice.

The not-so-nice part, of course, being that I was left on my own - COMPLETELY - for the first time for a whole day. He came home to change clothes and go off to work at the Club, but the girls were napping during that period of time, which would have otherwise been a brief respite.

It went all right today. It's just as difficult as I recall, which is a bit depressing... and I get to do it again tomorrow AND Saturday (for the most part).

Tomorrow is food pickup in Daytona. Jess ends up being gone for the better part of the morning each Friday when he has to do that. Saturday, of course, is the first day of working 2 jobs again. He's very excited about the new job, which is awesome. And he's (perhaps?) even more excited to have more money coming in and relieve me of the concern of working ChaCha under pressure. I still want to do that work as I can, to provide more income for homeschool stuff or Christmas or a (hopeful) trip to visit family... we'll see how that all goes!

And now for the deep dark honesty about this day...

I MISS MY MOMMY!!!! Man OH man!

It was such a pleasure to have her here. She was so generous with her time and constantly found ways to serve me and my family. Randomly, today, Ria would announce, "I miss Mimi!" And Kat pretended to have a conversation with her on a phone she created/pretended into existence from some foam. Kat told me that Mimi was at home and she'd just been talking to her (after she "hung up" the foam phone). ^_^ Jess hasn't specifically said he misses my Mom, but then again, he wasn't really home AT ALL today to feel the difference. *sigh* It SURE was lovely to have her here, though!!! I very much hope to see her before another year and a half fly by. Time will tell.

2 comments:

vicki said...

and your mommy misses you!
Where is the job? Glad Jessie is excited about it and I hope he likes it a lot. How often will he work? Will Tori and the girls be able to visit Jessie at work with almost as much ease as 2 other parttime jobs? I hope all of the work goes well---the employment, and the work at home with the girls. much love, always, mom

vicki said...

and your mommy misses you and yours. love,mom

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter