Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Over the Two Week Mark

Since I always write about what is most present on the front of the stage of my mind:

Tea is SUCH a sweet baby!!! WOW!! She's been having some growth spurt sleeping (in a way I have not encountered with either of my previous daughters). She barely wakes up to nurse my OVER-full food producers. This has caused me some seriously painful food factories! OWWW! I've had to wake her and TRY to wake her more times that I can count, already!! This is REALLY strange for me because both Ria and Kat almost always woke up to eat EXCEPT for during growth spurts. This little one has slept right through MANY times my food makers are letting me know they need some relief prior to this growth spurt as well as during it. Interesting....

My Mom Visiting
I haven't made it to loading the rest of the pictures or videos because we've been rather busy with my Mom's visit (much, if not most, of it regular life stuff - like tomorrow's midwife visit and today's Primary Activity Day).

It has been lovely to have my Mom here. She's been SUCH a help around the house and with Ria and Kat. They are not starving for as much as attention as they desire the way it seemed they were before she was here.

I'm already dreading her departure in a week (as of tomorrow). The dread is definitely due to more than the things I've previously mentioned. I've been through some truly cruddy emotional stuff due to circumstances NOT hormones (this time!) and it has been a comfort and relief to have my Mom around - even though I really haven't spoken much about the issues... not as much as I used to, anyway. She is still a HUGE comfort!

Desensitization
You know "nasal fatigue"? It's the experience of living or being near a foul odor long enough that your nose sort of stops smelling the rottenness (or your brain stops perceiving it). Well, due to some stuff that's happened recently, I think that hearts can experience a sort of 'ache fatigue' OR 'break fatigue'. In my personal experience it involves an experience of KNOWING that you feel something, but not REALLY feeling it. Or, maybe the feeling is present for a few moments and then it winks out, like a lightbulb whose fuse has been worn out and given way. What do you think? Have you had such an experience with your heart (or other emotional center)? Or am I, yet again, just a major weird-o?? Well, if it's the latter rather than either of the former, I suppose I have to wear the shoe! hahaha

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter