Featured Post

I Am... Mama and Writer

First Mama.  Then Writer.  Though, of late, the latter has consumed a great deal of time as I work to get things in order to potentially be ...

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Thankful Thursday, Week of November 24 - 30, 2011

Thursday, November 24, 2011:  I'm thankful for my brother John.  He is an amazing strong and good person.  He has a Spirit that most cannot fathom.  I know because we can get a glimpse of the strength of a person as we observe their trials.  The most difficult trials come upon those who are strongest... or who must needs become strongest to be the servants God desires them to be.  My brother was made to be a mover and a shaker.  ^_^  I'm grateful for the friendship we had growing up.  I didn't have many friends.  He was one of the few.  I'm grateful for the hope that I have that some day he may be my friend again.  I'm grateful John is my brother.  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!  I hope you have a perfectly wonderful day in every way!  And even though I haven't loved you as you would've liked or needed me to; I DO love you!

I'm thankful for a happy, peaceful and eventful Thanksgiving.  We enjoyed an early dinner at Pittmaster BBQ.  It was a private party and a real pleasure!  Mr. Sam, otherwise known as Poppy, outdid himself in the preparations.  We brought some items to share and enjoyed meeting his children and some of their families.  It was a good experience.  Then we headed over to Grammy Jo and Grampy Butch Marks' house.  We got to meet Jo's brother Dave, his wife Joyce and their daughter Melissa, or Missy.  Jo's brother Rick was also there.  Tracy, Shawna and Hunter were there as well, which is always a pleasure.  I ended up having a lovely conversation about the Gospel and Doctrines of Christ with Joyce and Dave.  And the most wonderful part about THAT, to me, is that Jo and Butch were so happy with how I conducted myself and how I was able to share some certain things that they'd never been able to get in edgewise!  What a joy!

Friday, November 25, 2011:  I'm thankful for a restful day at home.  I did a little work, read a bit, helped Jimmy sleep and snoozed for thirty minutes (REALLY rare for me to nap!), and had a good peaceful day at home.  I'm thankful for time at home.  I love being in our beautiful comfy home and being with my awesome (though very imperfect, of course) children.  :)

Saturday, November 26, 2011:  I'm thankful for a mostly good night's sleep.  They have been few and far between as of late, so last night was good relative to lately.  :)

I'm thankful for time at home to get ready for Sunday and to simply be with my children.  We've missed our regular reading time in the evening.  I still desire to read before they head to bed, but because it's been so difficult to realize lately, and the reading time together is so important to me, I've decided to do it in the morning as I wait for them to be able to join me for Devotionals.  So, I started reading our book while they finished up eating.  What a sweet time... and, for the most part, they were more still and reverent during Devotionals, too!  Makes me want to keep doing this in hopes of THAT kind of result!  :)

I'm thankful for a 15 minutes workout that got the heat rising in my core.  Love it!  After, I think, four days of a "break" (unintentional as it was) from exercise, it was difficult to get up specifically to exercise today, but I sure am glad I did!  When I see how this "secret" works for me, I'll share more about it.  ;)

Sunday, November 27, 2011:  I'm thankful for a nourishing day at church today.  It was a pleasure to hear a talk on Charity based on Sister Allred's talk from the Relief Society broadcast given by Sister Hubbs, a talk on gratitude by Brother Mixon, a wonderful Sunday School lesson about Joy (Love) given by Brother McCombs, and a wonderful Relief Society Lesson taught by Daysha Lassiter on the talk from Conference about looking up.  By the end of any give Sunday I don't usually remember who gave what talk - or what the main point of each was about, but I definitely did yesterday!  And still remember it today!!!!  ^_^  God is soOO good!  :)

I'm grateful for the enjoyable dinner we had with the Missionaries.  I'm grateful for their desire to discuss with Jessie what he's reading.  Such desire that Elder Adriano went out of his way to read Esther just because Jessie was and is going to read Job because that's where Jess is reading.  Love our missionaries!  It's a pleasure to hear Jess enjoying discussion about subjects (spirituality/scripture) that are so very dear to my heart!

I'm thankful Ria's tooth finally came out.  It's been loose way too long and after much work on it, I finally yanked it out myself after Jess and Ria were sort of bickering off and on about it.  Hate to hurt my girl, but SO glad her adult teeth now have more of the room they need to grow in straight-ish.

I'm grateful for the amazing and so short workout I enjoyed.  I'm in a 14 day boot camp (following guidelines from the program) and today was only day 2.  I'm excited about it because of how wonderful I feel after SUCH short workouts and the even shorter back stretch that I'm striving to do at the beginning and end of my days.  There have already been some really pronounced (to me) changed/effects from it.  Love it!

Monday, November 28, 2011:  I'm thankful for a rough night's sleep which reveals to me how well I slept the few days before that!  :)

I'm grateful for my girls' improvements in self-accomplishment/self-motivation as a result of this token system the Lord brought into my life.  It's SUCH a blessing!  I'm so thankful for the exponentially increased statements I get to hear from my girls like, "You are the BEST Mama in the whole world!"  God is truly GOOD!!!

I'm grateful for my workout and back stretch time.  I feel so thankful for this exercise program in my life.  Truly blessed!

Tuesday, November 29, 2011:  I'm thankful for the blessing of Visiting Teaching!  I'm grateful for the opportunity I have to get to know some really wonderful women better.  I'm so thankful for the way the Lord provides for me!  ^_^  I'm grateful for the work Jessie did at our house while I was gone with Jimmy to a Visiting Teaching appointment!  I'm grateful for the great workout today.  (I'm on day 4 of this new "boot camp" I'm doing, which will last another 10 days.  It's not as difficult as I really expected.  YEAY!

Wednesday, November 30, 2011:  I'm thankful forquiet days at home.  I'm grateful for the whispers of the Holy Spirit, which remided me that we had 4H tonight.  I was able to put the final touches together for my first time conducting our meeting.  ^_^  I'm also thankful for another day of my wonderful workout.  Didn't sweat as much today, but I think that has more to do with the cold in the house than anything else.

No comments:

copyright notice

© 2008-2016 Tori Gollihugh All Rights Reserved


sitemeter

statcounter